1 - what is a period?

Simply put: A period is when a woman's body releases tissue it no longer needs

Simply put: A period is when a woman's body releases tissue it no longer needs. This tissue comes from the uterus, which is where a baby (fetus) can develop in the female body. Every month or so, the uterus lining gets thicker to prepare for a fertilized egg if the woman becomes pregnant. If the egg doesn't get fertilized, that lining is released from the body as blood through the vagina. This monthly process is called menstruation or a period.

So when a girl has her period, her body is just getting rid of a small amount of blood and some unneeded tissue. It is a natural, normal body process for all females as they become women and mature physically.

--->  basically it's your body telling you that you can get pregnant! *Balloons float down from the ceiling* (I'm joking this stuff hurts)

I experience some bloating just before my period (when the blood comes), and when I pointed out to my friend, she realised she gets too, fun fact of the day.

Did you know :

Most girls lose about 1/4 cup of menstrual fluid during their periods (mostly in the first few days). Not to worry, though - your body makes up for it.

(A/n

Hope this has helped a little, there will be more I can assure you right now. If you have any questions at all, do just ask and I shall answer them in a chapter, and if you feel awkward about the question, then just pm me - I really want to help you all :)

Xoxox Laurie)