3- pads or tampons?

Right, so obviously you're gonna wanna try both eventually. Most people would go for a pad when they first start, as they're easier to use.

You just get the square package and unwrap it, then unfold the pad, stick it down on your underwear and (if it has wings) peel off the sticky tab and press the wings down to secure the pad.

They're so easy, and you get regular ones, night ones, even panty liners which are for the days when the blood flow is much lighter.

And you will probably get a "favourite pad" brand or whatever. Like I prefer these ones

 Like I prefer these ones

They're only £1.49 a pack and they're extra long (as they are for night) and throwing them away is so much easier as the wrapper they come in can stick around the used pad.

Now for tampons, I haven't actually used yet, however I will try them (that's awkward to say) and I personally think the ones with the built in applicator look much easier to use? All I remember is when I was 6/7 our cat would chase my sister's tampons around the house and they got EVERYWHERE.

So funny though looking back.

But the brand that I've heard about the most is Tampax and the brand for sanitary towels are obviously Bodyform or Always.

Now tampons are obviously inside the vagina right, so as the blood doesn't hit the air, it won't produce an odour. However, as sanitary towels do get to the air, they can give off an mensuration odour. To avoid this, regularly change the pad. If you're at school, I recommend changing it when you get to school, then at morning break, then at lunch, and if you have time after your last lesson (at my school we only have 6 lessons a day so only two lessons at once), or if your teacher lets you, go change during the lesson (that means taking a pad with you though).

Now for tampons, it's every 3/4 hours, depending on how heavy your flow is.

NEVER LEAVE A TAMPON IN FOR MORE THAN 8 HOURS.

If you don't know if the tampon is full, give the string a light tug, and if the tampon starts to fall out easily, then it's time to change it. If it doesn't, you can probably leave it in for a little longer, unless you want to change it.

Now at night, always wear pads. Tampons are associated with toxic shock syndrome. This is rare but serious, so if you have any questions regarding it about yourself, either speak to a doctor or a woman that you trust like an older sister or your mum or maybe an aunt or nan.

Now I didn't realise how cheap a box of tampons were. A box of Tampax ones are only £2.99, and I thought it was gonna be like £5-£6, which is crazy as these things are necessities.

And if you're embarrassed to buy them, your mum will probably get them for you or your your Dad (it's not embarrassing to ask him, but I made him get them for me because there person at the till was a guy, and I wasn't going to go up with a pack of pads nu-uh).

(A/n

Hope this was somewhat informative, please don't forget to vote or comment, it makes my day ^-^

Xoxox Laurie)