Breakfast

Alex opened her eyes, the bright light from the window practically blinding her. She looked over at the clock on her bedside table and turned over to face her girlfriend.

Maggie lay facing Alex despite still being fast asleep.

She looked beautiful. Her long hair tucked behind her ears and her face slightly covered by a blanket. She almost reminded Alex of a Disney princess in the sense that no matter how she's slept, she always looks amazing.

Her admiration was rudely interrupted when the her alarm began to ring. Reaching over to the bedside table she slammed the button down and collapsed back under the sheets.

"You'll be late." Maggie teased, startling Alex as she thought she was asleep.
"Ten more minutes won't make a difference." Alex laughed as she looked at their intertwined fingers.
"Whatever you say Miss Danvers."

Alex glanced across the room at her uniform hanging from a hanger on the closet door and back at Maggie.
"I could call in sick?" She gave Maggie her best puppy eyes, "we both could?"
"Really?" Maggie smirked, "rebellious, I like it." She meant forward and kissed Alex.

Alex ran her fingers through Maggie's hair and smiled, their lips now only millimetres apart.

"Pass me your phone." Maggie reached her hand across the bed.
"Why?" Alex asked as she obliged, passing the phone to Maggie, "where's yours?"

"It's over there." She faintly waved her hand to point across the room to the dresser.

"Why don't you use your own then?" Alex laughed, "lazy much."
"Hey this was your idea so I'll use your phone." Maggie spoke quickly before putting the phone to her ear and her finger across Alex's lips.

"Hey it's Maggie Sawyer." She spoke quietly, "yeah. I won't be in today." She shot Alex a mischievous look, "I'm really sick." She paused again, "yep," she coughed, "goodbye."

"That's it?" Alex laughed, "you just say you're sick and that's all?"
"Hey i don't work at the DEO." Maggie smiled, "aren't you going to call in?"
"No it's fine I'll just text Cara to tell Hank."

Maggie reached across Alex, practically laid on top of her for a split second as she grabbed the television remote. She lay there, Alex's arm around her shoulder, clicking through the channels.

"You hungry?" Alex sat up slowly
"Starving." Maggie's eyes followed her every movement as Alex sat up on the edge of the bed.
"I'll go make breakfast." She crawled across the bed in front of Maggie, "I can't promise anything fancy though." She turned, pecking her lips against Maggie's before walking out of the room wearing only her pyjama shirt.

"Got any coffee?" Maggie yelled into the other room, her eyes still fixed on the screen.
"Yep." Alex returned, "be right there."

After a few minutes Alex entered the room once again, this time carrying a red mug with both hands. She passed it to Maggie who gave her a large smile,
"Thank you." She took the mug, not realising how hot it was as she almost burnt herself.
"No problem." Alex laughed as she saw Maggie quickly place the mug onto the bedside table.

"You want some bacon?" Alex poked her head around the doorframe with a smirk.
Maggie froze and turned to Alex with a serious yet smiling expression, "you know I'm vegan."

"I know. I'm kidding!" She laughed, "I bought some vegan spread stuff that you can have on your toast." She smiled.

Maggie smiled to herself as Alex walked back into the kitchen. In the past when she's slept over Alex had always mentioned how bad she'd felt about not having anything vegan and now she'd taken the time to find Maggie something.

It may not seem like much but for Maggie, who very rarely finds someone she connects with, this seemed like such a big thing.

"Here." Alex handed her a plate as she slid under she sheets beside her holding a bowl of cereal, "what're we watching."
"This new show called..." Maggie paused as she clicked the remote, "Riverdale." She read from the screen before biting into her food.

"Cool." Alex mumbled with a mouth full of crunchy nut.