Double I's

Rin lay sprawled out on the wool blanket as the warm sun kissed her skin. A gentle breeze washed through her long hair, blowing dark strands into her face.

The grass crunched softly as another person settled down next to her. Suddenly a Coconut drink was held in front of her face.

Rin smiled as she took the cold can in her hand and popped open the top.

"Thanks Sasori" she said happily as she sat up.

The red head gave a small smirk back. " No problem." He murmured as he turned his head to stare up at the blue sky.

Rin brought the drink up to her mouth and took a small sip. The sweet milky drink slid down her throat like silk.

"Rin." Sasori said, catching her attention again.

The girl glanced over at the red hair with a raised eyebrow.

He suppressed a grin as he lifted his hand and gestured to the top of her lip. " Ha...you got something there." He said with a chuckle.

Rin looked downward at her milk mustache in surprised embarrassment.

She was about to wipe it off, but Sasori interrupted. " Here, let me help." He said as his fingers delicately wiped away the milk in one swift motion.

By then the two were only a couple of inches away. Rin froze at the closeness as she stared up into Sasori's dark eyes.

Sasori stared straight back at her, his eyes unwavering.

" Rin." He finally muttered as he leaned even closer. " I think I ....." He stopped for a moment, taking a breath as if collecting his thoughts....

"I think I like you." He said.

What? Rin thought as she felt her heart skip a beat.

Everything around her seemed to fall silent.

She didn't know how to react.

But as she continued to stare forward. Sasori leaned closer and closer.

She could smell his distinct pine scent as his lips pulled into another smile.

A small voice in her mind told her to run, but her legs refused to move.

She had no control.

And she didn't want to run.

She didn't want to.

Instead she closed her own eyes.

And waited.

She heard Sasori shuffle closer.

Then the silence came again.

*click*

Something dug into Rin's head, and gently touched her skull with its cold skin. The shortie flashed open her eyes at the sudden touch immediately sending something wrong.

The summer background had faded grey, and the atmosphere became cold.

Rin looked up again. Her eyes widened as she saw Sasori, the same gentle smile on his face, and a metal gun in his grip.

He pulled away slightly, his smile still plastered on his face. " I think...I like you." He said again, his voice wavering slightly. He shook his head slightly as he said this .