Chapter One

"You seriously need to calm down Kendall."

"No! I'm sick and tired of people telling me they don't know what I am," I muttered, brushing my hair back.

"My eyes turn purple in the most random times! I've been with Satomi, dad and deaton and no one knows what the hell I am yet!" I groaned frustratedly.

"Yet. We will find out one day together. Hopefully your a mermaid though, get some H2O sh*t happening at beacons," Brett shrugged. I playfully punched him in the shoulder and leaned over to kiss his cheeks, slowly making my way down to his neck.

"Don't distract the driver," He groaned. I giggled and got off him as he drove late at night to the school.

"It's just so confusing you know? My eyes are purple now and unlike Scott's who has the ability to control his eyes changing, mine turn at the most random times and somehow I'm still Venatrix Mali," I thought out loud.

"Maybe because you were Venatrix Mali all the time and now that Scott has bitten you the thing you are now is 24/7 because it mixed in with the Venatrix thing," Brett stated with a shrug.

"What?" I asked confusedly, giggling. Brett shook his head and laughed.

"Don't even listen to me I'm failing biology."

"Biology is a piece of cake," I smirked.

"Oh really? What is used as a long term energy storage in animals?" He asked, raising his eyebrows, still looking at the streets in front of him.

"Easy, Fats," I replied cockily.

"I don't even know the answer but thanks for the homework answer," He chuckled.

"Idiot," I muttered under my breath with a laugh.

Brett grabbed my hand and rubbed circles of them. "Happy 6 months by the way. I know you don't like presents but I got you something," He replied reaching over for the glove compartment, eyes still on the road.

My eyes were met with the most gorgeous ring ever that had a blue stone on top, which was glowing.

"This is a promise ring. It glows blue when you have an attraction to just the person who bought it, no one else," He smirked at me.

"So if I feel for another guy who I love, it'll stop glowing? Wow your so territorial," I muttered.

"No no no that's not what it is. Satomi gave it to me when she adopted me. It was my mum's when my father gave it to her. Satomi made me promise her that I'll give it to the one I truely love. The stone is just your end in return," He told me.

I smiled and kissed his cheek, placing it on my ring finger. "I love it," I whispered to him, looking at him admirably.

He smiled before replying with, "I love you more." I observed the glowing blue stone, smiling at how it complimented my skin tone.

"What is this even?" He asked, looking at me then back at the road.

"Senior scribe, it's this thing were we write our names in the library and since all my subject are at a senior level I get to be included" I replied, staring at the full moon.

"Is the whole of Beacon Hills going because I can see the traffic from here and we are only at the forest," He replied.

I glanced at the road to see many cars endlessly lined up along the highway. I bit the side of my cheek as I tried to make out what was causing this traffic jam.