Chapter Six

"And slowly move your hands forward," Dad explained. Biting my tongue, I focused on what dad said but instead ended up shooting the arrow off target.

"I can't do this! This isn't my thing, it was Allison's!" I yelled in frustration, throwing the bow away.

"Yet. You can't do it yet," Dad encouraged me. I walked over to the porch and sat down. Dad came over and stood in front of me.

"Thanks for helping me by the way," I mumbled, fiddling with my hands. "I know how busy you get."

Dad sighed and sat near me. He placed a hand on my shoulder and looked at me. "I know these past years I haven't been there for you after Allison, it-"

"It's fine. I haven't been here either," I smiled at him. I sighed loudly and looked at my hands. "I just want to know how I'm still Venatrix, why my eyes are purple. Why I feel like I know what Tracy has been through."

"Sometimes it takes time to figure out things. The truth always comes out overtime," Dad told me. I nodded, rubbing my hands together.

"You know," Dad started. "I've been meaning to ask you something. The ring Brett gave you, you're not wearing it right now and you always used to wear it after he gave it to you."

"I think it's broken. It flickers every now and then but I'll fix it later," I mumbled.

"Hmm," Dad replied, not believing a word. "I'm off. Gotta see who the hell is behind the making of these creatures."

"Well I have to go too. School." I rolled my eyes. I went back inside and packed my books in my bag then grabbed my keys.

As I turn my car on, my car begins to ring indicating someone was calling me from my phone. I press answer from the car, not bothering to check the I.D as I drive to school.

"Hello?" I called out.

"Kendall, it's Scott. Tracy's body has been stolen from the Vet clinic and Lucas' from the hospital. Someone took them." Scott told me. I let out the most loudest groan in my life, the car near me giving me a weird look. I smiled at them sarcastically and pressed on the gas pedal, driving away from them.

"Look, I'm coming to school soon. I'll see you when I get there." I told Scott.

"Okay see you soon." Scott answered back before ending the call.

When I finally reached school, I parked my car, turned it off and grabbed my bag. I got out, walking inside the building before a hand grabbed my arm, stopping me.

"Hey Ken, how are you?" Liam asked me as I smiled at him.

"If you want to know how I feel about yesterday, don't worry I'm fine." I rolled my eyes at him.

"Not really, I wanted to know in order for a conversation to start but I'm glad your okay." Liam smirked at me. I slapped him in the shoulder receiving a grunt.

"Man you can slap." Liam muttered as he rubbed his shoulder.

"And I can stab people." I winked at him as I finally made my locker. Liam stood near my locker before awkwardly scratching his head.

"Look, Ken. I was wondering if- like. If you can give me advise about girls." Liam stuttered, hands behind his back.

"Well Liam, bye her food and make her laugh and then she's all yours." I winked at him.