Chapter Two

"Are you ready for school?"

"No," I muttered, groggily getting out of bed, rubbing my eyes. I brushed the knots out of my hair with my fingers and yawned.

"So I was with Deaton today and the results came back," Scott walked over and sat on the edge of my bed.

"What did he say?" I brushed my hair back with a sigh. Scott looked at me sadly and I groaned once again. "He doesn't know does he?"

"No he doesn't." Scott sighed. "But he said I should be prepared for you to do something I've never seen in my life, that no one's seen."

"That's just great." I said sarcastically. "What did you find out from that weird beast man with weird things coming out of his hands though?"

"Well we found the talons of that werewolf guy. Deaton thinks that someone is changing the rules of the supernatural," Scott claimed.

"Talons? Changing the rules of the supernatural world? Who the hell can be bothered?" I asked, staring at him funny.

"We don't know and that's what brings us back to square one," He huffed, getting up. "Mum made you breakfast on the kitchen table and your dad also called, saying something about coming back for the month," He continued. I nodded with a smile.

Dad and I were never that close. He was the one who decided not to live with him anymore because he's always out hunting and he thought Scott should be there for me as he had a lot of respect for him.

I got up and preceded to wash myself and put on clothes. Being Lydia's best friend, it made me more weary of my style choices than usual, so for today I opted for a black skater skirt that when above my knee, a black bandeau that reached just above my belly button and a leather jacket.

I wore a strap underneath my skirt and hid my knives in there while wearing heeled boots. I walked down stairs and smiled as I saw a bulky blonde headed guy sitting down on the kitchen stool.

"Guessing that Scott's gone now and you're taking me to school?" I asked, going on my tippy toes to kiss his pink lips.

"Mhmm," was all his reply, as he placed his hands on my thighs. I sat on his lap and begun to eat. As I was doing this, Brett was feeling on my legs.

"You shouldn't do that," I remarked.

"Wh- ow! What the hell was that," Brett yelled, grabbing his finger.

"Duh, my daggers," I replied with a mouth full of pancakes.

"Why does it hurt so much?" He asked.

"Um because it's full of wolf's bane, Mountain Ash, mercury and I don't know what else but it hurts like a b*tch," I repeated once again, placing the last piece of pancake in my mouth and getting up.

"Speaking of daggers I found out what I am today," I announced, grabbing my bag and heading towards the door.

"And what might that be?" Brett stood beside me as I locked the door of the house.

"The 'I don't know'. Heard they're pretty fast," I replied, walking hand in hand towards his car. He opened the car door for me and shut it, quickly walking towards the other side as I slipped on my seat belt.