Chapter Eight

"Kendall, please just take a break." Brett told me as he sat in front of me. "You took a day off of school just to stress yourself even more."

"No, I need to know now. How can I help my friends if I don't know what I am." I told him, flipping through the pages of the bestiary.

I felt Brett's hands on top of mine, closing the book. I looked at him sadly, not knowing what to say.

"We didn't even talk about it." Brett whispered.

"I don't want to talk about it." My eyes welled up. "Because I feel everything now and I'm scared."

"What do you mean feel everything?" Brett told me.

"You're pain. Tracy's pain. I feel it." I whispered. "And I know you don't feel that pain anymore."

Brett looked at me, not knowing what to say. He then shook his head, grabbing the book.

"You take a break while I'll look for it, okay?" Brett asked. I nodded, getting up from my bed.

"I'll go make us some coffee." I told him.

He nodded and I took one last look at him before exiting my room. I walked down the stairs and went into the kitchen.

I know he wants to know. I know he wants to know why he feels no pain for the day his family died in the fire. I want to know why too and why I can feel it lightly. But we don't know why.

I put the necessary ingredients in the coffee machine and turned it on, watching as milk begun pouring out in the cup.

I stiffened in my position momentarily when I saw a shadow that was there as quick as it came. I then tried to lower my heart beat in case it was someone supernatural and can hear it.

I slowly grabbed the three daggers that was hidden in my thigh and quickly turned around and threw it.

"Oh my god!" I put my hands on my mouth as I realised who it was.

"I'm scared but slightly aroused." Theo said with a smirk.

Both daggers were on both his sleeves, holding him against the wall while the other one right on top of his head, also attached to the wall.

"And you kinda missed my head." Theo continued as I walked up to him.

"I didn't miss, it was meant to scare you, like a threat." I told him, pulling out the knives.

"Threaten me huh?" Theo whispered as I went to pull out the last knife, on my tippy toes. His lips brushed my ear as I quickly pulled out the knife and stood away from him. "I wouldn't mind being threatened by you."

"Why did you come here anyway?" I asked, trying to ignore what happened as he smirked knowingly at my actions.

"We're having a stakeout. Scott wanted you to come with Stiles and I." He told me, walking up to me. I started slowly moving backwards.

"Who's body is it this time?" I asked him, him still moving towards me.

"It's just Josh. So." He begun as my back pressed against the kitchen counter. "Are you coming?"

He looked down at my lips as I unintentionally licked them. His body stiffened.

"Don't do that again." Theo whispered.

"Do what?" I asked quietly.

"Lick your lips and look at me innocently." He growled, moving his lips near my ear. "Because then I'd have to do things to you no matter where your boyfriend is. Even if he's upstairs."