Chapter Seventeen

"Ouch!" Kate cried as her elbow slammed into the car window. She winced and began to rub at it.

"Sorry, but I'm going to have to remind you that this was your idea."

"It was meant as a rhetorical question," she responded and began to giggle as Jared kissed her neck.

He caressed her cheek and then planted several soft kisses on her lips. The kisses grew more heated and she gripped him tightly. His lips were seductive as they moved against her mouth expertly. Within seconds, she literally felt like she was melting. Without a word, his lips had told her everything she needed to hear. His need for her was obvious by the way he couldn't keep his hands off of her. It was apparent she hadn't been the only one harboring feelings this entire time. The idea of breaking away and not kissing him was unimaginable. Nothing else seemed to matter but this moment between them.

Gently, he pushed her back into the leather seat of his car and began exploring her body with his hands. She put her hands under his shirt and kneaded his back. His body was perfect and Kate swore she would have to ask him for some workout tips if she could ever pry her body away from his.

Her lust grew as he covered her with more intense kisses and began to nuzzle her chest. His hands rested on her thighs and were slowly inching up. She wanted him more than she wanted anything in her life. However, once his fingers made it around the sides of her panties, she grew anxious. In a broken whisper, she stammered, "Um...maybe we should talk."

"Yes?" he smiled down at her. He was completely sexy, even after a backseat make out session. His shirt was scrunched up around his belly and his jeans hung low revealing the top of his boxer shorts. His lips seemed swollen from their kisses and his eyes gave her a tender look. It was almost impossible to say what she needed to when he was looking entirely too delectable.

"I'm not sure what your....um, expectations are. I mean I'm not well versed in any sort of sexual gymnastics," she confessed. Thankfully, the car was dark and he wouldn't likely see her blush.

His eyelids lowered and he gave her a lustful look. "Sexual gymnastics? I'm intrigued, tell me more." He nibbled at her earlobe and starting working on the zipper at the rear of her dress.

She pulled back with a concentrated effort. "I'm being genuine with you. It's pretty embarrassing to admit, but I'm like seriously inexperienced." He gave her a questioning look and she continued, "Like practically a virgin."

He climbed off of her and planted himself down in the seat. He straightened out his shirt and said resolutely, "Well then, we better stop..."

Kate crawled over and sat on his lap. Turning to face him, she said, "I didn't say we couldn't do it. I only wanted you to know I might not be that good at it. Simply a pre-sex advisory."

His grin was devastating and she thought it should be a crime that someone would be this good looking. Also, the way he was staring at her was making her all lightheaded as if he thought she was beautiful as well. He ran his thumb across her lips before cupping her face in his hands. "Well, if you're practically a virgin, we should make it special, not a quickie in my backseat."

Kate gave him an uncertain look. "I mean you want to, right?"

"Even though we're not going to do it right at this moment, it doesn't mean I don't have plans to ravish you in the near future." The way his eyes were undressing her, she had no doubt he meant it.

She was about to argue, but figured he probably had a good point. Not to mention, if they waited she could start doing some sit-ups or something in the meantime. Her poor eating was definitely catching up and making her feel flabby. She wanted to look extra sexy if he was planning to ravish her. She pressed up against him and asked, "What am I to you?"