Insanity Laughs Under Pressure

Peridot screeches as she finds herself atop of the girl she was just checking out a few moments ago. She tried to roll off, but she didn't have time as another bomb went off in the car just behind them, causing everybody else to tumble over onto the floor or slam against the wall.

Peridot's eyes widened with fear, and she seemed to freeze. Meanwhile, Lapis was getting irritated with all of the commotion and the small human who was lying on her back. Grunting, she rolled out from under Peridot, and quickly got to her feet.

Everybody around her was either unconscious, bleeding, or screaming. Some were even banging on the door or windows to open, even though their subway train was still moving.

"Everybody please stay calm, and-" The intercom was cut off, which left everyone in even more panic. Lapis couldn't lie to herself, even though she tried her best not to feel any emotion: she was scared, terrified for her life. Is it a terrorist?! she started to panic, her breaths becoming shallow. No, just calm down... we should be stopping soon, and then I can get the heck out of -

Lapis looked down at the person by her feet. It was obvious this person was frozen with fear, along with a couple of other people on the train.

Peridot didn't even seem to notice when Lapis stood up. Peridot quickly sat up, holding her knees tightly against chest. She didn't do anything but stare, wide eyed at the wall opposite of her. I don't want to die I don't want to die I don't want to die, Peridot thought, her brain scrambled. Her body was in complete shock.

Soon the subway train stopped, and once the doors were just a crack open, people started to rush out of the train car. Lapis was one of the first ones out; she darted through the crowd, her dark eyes opened, looking around at the other people. She stopped abruptly. Where's that girl? she thought, her heart rate starting to speed up as she realized Peridot was still on the train car.

Why am I worried about a complete stranger? I just need to get out of here! Lapis urged herself, but her body still stayed planted. She turned around, facing the train car she just escaped, which was probably going to blow up any second. Maybe even the entire underground subway was going to blow up.

"Dammit... " Lapis cursed as she ran back to the train car, weaving her way through the crowd as fast as she could. Once she was back in the train car, she looked straight at Peridot, who was still frozen with fear."Come on, you idiot what are you doing?!" Lapis yelled at her.

Peridot didn't even seem to connect to reality the entire time everybody was reacting. But then she heard a voice. A complete stranger's voice. Suddenly she snapped. She looked up at the person who was painting the train car's floor, the stranger with the blue hair. Before Peridot knew what was happening, she found herself being picked up by the stranger.

Lapis, carrying Peridot, ran out of the train car. A few seconds after the two made it out, the train car blew up, sending Lapis and Peridot flying towards the steps that led up to the surface.

All Peridot could hear was a strong ping in her ear. She opened her eyes, and saw through her cracked glasses, the stranger who had saved her.

Lapis had blood oozing from her head, her body was limp. Peridot reached out her hand. Then she heard the police sirens, and she blacked out as she heard footsteps.