Too Good to Be Good for Me

That first date seemed to be the ice breaker. It took Lapis maybe a couple of nights of texting Peridot til midnight and dates in the park to be comfortable, but Peridot was patient; and honestly, Peridot thought it was worth the wait.

Peridot found herself getting used to this whole dating thing, and she started to love every single second she spent with her girlfriend. She love to hold her hand, standing on her tiptoes to kiss Lapis's cheek, hanging off her arm, the piggy back rides; all of the cute couple things she thought were cheesy and stupid in the movies, she absolutely adored it know.

Peridot was also made sure he was aware of Lapis's feelings. Peridot didn't know quite yet all about Lapis's past (she knew there were some dark things in that history), but she never pried that often. The one time she did, Lapis got extremely moody and secretive.

But Peridot was there for the moments where Lapis was sad for some reason, or just needed someone to be there. It really shocked Peridot the first time Lapis showed up at her door at 1 in the morning. Lapis simply wore a black sports bra and blue galaxy pajama pants, her turquoise hair a complete mess. Peridot had to admit, she thought she just came back from a bar.

"I couldn't sleep," was all Lapis had said, and invited herself into Peridot's small apartment.

"Gah-blah-shamalama--Lapis!" Peridot stuttered, her face red. Peridot stood there for a few seconds, formulating the situation her head. She quickly shut the door and turned around. Her eyes widened as she saw Lapis wasn't anywhere to be seen.

"Uh... Lapis?" Peridot asked cautiously, a scene from a horror movie popped into her head. Shut up, stupid brain! She scolded herself. She quietly moved to her bedroom, where she saw Lapis fast asleep on the bed, snuggled under the covers.

Sweating, Peridot carefully and quietly as possible layer on the opposite side of Lapis. Peridot laid straight as a pole, her eyes wide and her cheeks still slightly red. Should I say something?! Should I go to sleep?! Should I lay on the floor?! Should I call the ambulance?! I DON'T KNOW?!

Thoughts flashed through Peridot's head as she laid there in the dark room. With Lapis only a foot away from her. After a few moments, Peridot glanced over at her girlfriend.

If you thought Lapis was beautiful awake, you probably have never seen her sleep peacefully. Lapis laid on her side, facing Peridot. Peridot thought Lapis took beauty to a whole new level when she was asleep; her long, dark eye lashes slightly fluttered every minute or so, she inhaled through her nose and exhaled through her mouth, which was something Peridot found cute for some odd reason. Her hair was messy, and the covers pulled up just under her nose. She just looked so... Relaxed, and at ease.

Smiling lightly, Peridot rolled onto her side so she was facing the wall. Peridot was about to fall asleep before she a hand on her shoulder. Peridot's eyes flashed open as she felt herself being pulled towards Lapis. Stunned and awkward, Peridot froze and let herself be cuddled.

As she felt the warmth from Lapis behind her, Peridot felt strangely relaxed. Lapis rested her arm on Peridot's hip, and she softly buried her face in the crook of Peridot's neck and shoulder.

"Uh, Lapis...?" Peridot whispered nervously. She never thought Lapis to be this cuddly. She always seemed to keep to herself, and made sure nobody got too touchy freely with her. It took Peridot awhile to get a hung out of her.

"You smell really good..." Lapis mumbled sleepily, followed by a soft snore. Peridot stayed stiff like a board for quite awhile, but she eventually got used to Lapis's rhythmic breathing, her warm breath lightly tickling Peridot's skin. Soon enough, Peridot fell asleep.

That was the first night of many though. Lapis would show up so many times to Peridot's apartment, Peridot eventually just gave her a spare key. Those nights were Peridot's favorite though; the couple would either cuddle on Peridot's gigantic bean bag chair watching a movie, Camp Pining Hearts, or cuddle in Peridot's bed.

Lapis also loved these nights. Whenever she felt sad, mad, or just in need of some extra emotional support, she would go over to Peridot's. Sometimes she would play hookie and spend the whole day there while Peridot was at the college. Just bring surrounded by her girlftiend's smell and things made her strangely comfortable.

Lapis loved spending time with Peridot. Taking walks in the park, pushing each other on swing sets, or competing to see who can get the highest the fastest on the swings. Going to Starbucks, or any restraunt, going to the theater, roller blading, Lapis watching Peridot in the lab with alternative music in the background, or Peridot watching Lapis paint with screamo music in the background. Everything just seemed perfect and happy for Lapis whenever she was around her. Peridot's quirkiness and bad jokes and puns making Lapis laugh like she never has before.

It seemed all too good to be true.

Just wanted to thank you all so much for the wonderful comments!!! Especially for voting and over 600 reads??? Wow never thought that would happen!! Thanks for being so patient with me, I know I suck at updating frequently!