Promise Me a Place in Your House of Memories

A blurred face appeared in Peridot's dream. "You idiot, what are you doing?!" A familiar, yet unfamiliar voice called out to her, repeatedly, over and over and over...until:

"Peridot wake uuuuuuuuuuupppppp!!!" A loud voice screamed, and Peridot flashed open her eyes to find her old friend, Amethyst, who's face was literally inches from Peridot's.

"Bwaaaaaaaa!" Peridot screamed, flying straight up, and the two females' forehead's bonked together.

"Ow! Hey dude!" Amethyst whined, sitting back in her chair as she rubbed her forehead.

"That's what you get for screaming in my face!" Peridot retorted, also rubbing her forehead, where her gem piercing was. "Where am I anyways?"

"You're in the hospital. I thought you were supposed to be a brainiac. Becoming stupider in your old age?" Amethyst teased, slouching in her chair, putting her hands behind her head as she set her stubby legs on the side of Peridot's hospital bed as a foot rest.

"Amethyst, we're the same age." Peridot said bluntly, going to adjust her glasses, but instead pushed up nothing. "Urgh, where are my glasses?" she mumbled. Peridot squinted her eyes, feeling around her bed like a cat chasing a laser point.

"Bahahahaha!" Amethyst laughed as she watched her friend.

Peridot stopped, an angry look on her face." Amethyst give me back my glasses!!!" Peridot yelled.

"Okay, okay chill dude." Amethyst said between giggles, handing Peridot's big, circular, green tinted glasses back. Peridot snatched them out of her hands, and smiled pleasantly as she could finally see her surroundings.

Peridot's gaze finally fell on Amethyst, who had a wide smile on her face. Amethyst was one of Peridot's friends from high school. Well, the only one who would invite her out to parties; Peridot would often have sleep overs with her or go to tons of concerts, rock shows, parties, and the fair. Plus they were both the shortest people in their high school. Though after high school when Peridot went to uni, Amethyst took to traveling around the world, taking miscellaneous jobs whenever she was low on cash. Amethyst would often send Peridot post cards from all around the globe.

"So, how you feeling dude?" Amethyst asked, fixing her light purple hair into a messy ponytail.

Well, besides my grueling headache you caused, just a little tired that's all." Peridot responded with a deep sigh, recalling early morning's events.

"Well that's good; I would love to eat disgusting hospital food for lunch, but my ride is leaving in a few minutes. I'll say hi to Pearl and [insert mystery girl's name REBECCA SUGAR] for ya! Have a good one! I'll send ya a post card when I get to Brazil!" Amethyst gave Peridot a tight hug before exiting the hospital room.

Peridot sat in silence for a while, letting out another long sigh. She frowned, trying to remember if she got that girl's name or not... the girl who rescued her from the train car before it exploded. Hmm... well she had to check out of the hospital... maybe I can hack into the hospital's records tonight... Peridot thought, lying back down on her pillow. She stretched her arms, letting them lay above her head as she looked up at the ceiling, still thinking about the stranger with the blue hair.