I'm Meaner Than My Demons

Screaming. Arguing. Then wham! Lapis felt like lightning had just struck her in the face, and thunder rattled her body, making her go limp. Then she felt her body hit the ground, but shock took over, causing her body to go numb.

Where's your bravery now Lapis? Dark thoughts erupted in her brain, flooding her vision. Thoughts she had tucked away, never wanting to visit them again, came back alive. But now the monster was back.

Lapis slowly opened her eyes, and she felt liquid dripping from her eyelashes. Her vision blurry, she saw Jasper, her ex girlfriend, throwing Peridot away from her, even though the tiny human was pummeling her with her own fists and claws.

Again, everything was in slow motion. As Jasper glared at Peridot, Lapis stiffly crawled over to the janitor's tool bucket, which have been in here now for a two days.

Lapis gripped the crowbar. A sudden urge erupted inside of her. She felt cold inside, hatred filling up her body. Lapis slowly stood up, blood oozing from her forehead, her cheek slightly bruised. Dried blood stained her skull crop top, her dark blue skinny jeans covered in dust.

Lapis felt herself gripping the crowbar, her knuckles turning white.

remember the moment you left me alone and broke every promise you ever made
i was an ocean, lost in the open
nothing could take the pain away

Lapis gritted her teeth, tears starting to form in her eyes. No, she thought, looking down at her feet. Her tears vanished. She looked back up at Jasper, who was still fighting Peridot. Lapis's face was cold, hard, and terrifying.

so you can throw me to the wolves
crack!
tomorrow I will come back
smack!
leader of the whole pack
crunch!
beat me black and blue
crack!
every wound will shape me
smack!
every scar will build my throne

-----------------------

Lapis's vision blurred as she regained her surroundings. She looked down at the crowbar in her grasp. Blood. Her hands, feet, metal, ground: blood.

I'll leave you choking