Chapter 19

The next and final day.

After the both of them had woken the next morning neither of them moved from the positions that they were in for a very long time. They lied like that, wrapped in each other's arms for hours on end, afraid that if they let go then the other would be gone sooner rather than later.

As the hours past their time together was steadily growing shorter and shorter.

Six hours left.

Lovino and Antonio came over to the house to spend time with Ludwig in his final hours in the States.

Five hours left.

Gilbert along with the rest of the crew came over as well. Nobody was ready to say goodbye, so they avoided the topic altogether, acting as if this was some normal day.

Four hours.

The bags in the corner of Feliciano's bedroom had made their way out next to the front door.

Three hours.

The unspoken problem within the group of friends was steadily weeding its way out into the open. Stories were being told, memories shared.

Two hours.

Everyone began to say their goodbyes to their friend. It was tough, but they promised to meet Ludwig at the airport before his plane left at five. They all had made a silent agreement to leave early to give Ludwig some time alone with Feliciano before he had to leave.

Feliciano had felt numb all morning. It was different than all of the other mornings this past week, where he would cry and hurt. Today was different, he felt almost as if someone was trying to tear his heart right out of his chest, but at the same time, he couldn't feel anything at all.

Once everyone was gone, Ludwig came up from behind Feliciano and hugged him. Neither of them knew what to say, or even do for that matter, so they stood there in each others warmth until the inevitable came and it would be time for them to leave.

One hour.

It was 4:00; it took a half hour to get to the airport and then with the added time for security if Ludwig wanted to make his 5:00 plane, they would have to leave right now. They did a quick sweep of the house, making sure that they didn't forget anything before making their way out of the front door.

Before they stepped into the car Ludwig paused. "Feliciano," he said looking down at the keys in his hand. His mind was spinning with so many emotions, and if this wasn't going to be his last ride in a car with Feliciano then he never would have done it. He tossed the keys to Feliciano, "Can you drive?"

Catching the keys, Feliciano looked at him, surprised. "Are you serious?"

Ludwig nodded his head and began to walk to the other side of the car. "I want my last moments with you to be memorable, and I know for sure that if you drive I'll remember it."

Feliciano snickered before getting into the driver's seat. He knew that he wasn't the safest driver, but just this once he told himself that he will watch his speed a little and maybe not make such as sharp turns. He didn't want him having a heart attack before they even get to the airport.

The drive there was relatively quiet minus the car radio playing in the background. They weren't even in the car for ten minutes before that song played. As soon as it began the memories started to flood to Feliciano, he could feel his heart take on a weight. Not even 45 seconds into the song Feliciano reached over and changed the station, silencing his demons that were once his most treasured angels.