Chapter 22

As time passed by it seemed as if every chance they had to meet each other again was ripped away from them. Every break either one of them was busy or couldn't make it because of family issues, and some of their times off from classes were just not long enough for the long flight there and back to be worth it.

It has been over two years since Ludwig has left the country, which also means that it has been over two years since they have seen each other in person.

In these past two years, Feliciano has been working very hard on his education and has succeeded in getting a degree in Culinary and in Restaurant Managment. He has also finally opened his very own restaurant, which, even though it took him awhile, he named Salice.

Just like how Ludwig had said all those years ago, he opened it not too far from the college that he used to go to. Most of his friends have also graduated as well and since he worked very hard and took the extra classes that he needed right away, he managed to finish very early. Now that Feliciano is out of school, and with all of the money that he has saved up from the restaurant and from his birthdays, he finally has enough to comfortably buy an airplane ticket to Germany.

He has one thing on his mind, and it's to finally see Ludwig after practically two years.

Despite not seeing each other in person for two years, they still chatted at least once a week on skype or some sort of video call. Their relationship is as strong as when they first started out, and to be honest, no one is very surprised by this.

A few days prior, Feliciano had contacted Folkert so that he could ask him if it was okay if he came down for a surprise visit to see Ludwig. He had more than happily offered up his house for him to stay for as long as he liked to, and that he was very excited that he would finally get to meet his grandson's boyfriend for the first time in person.

With his plane ticket in one hand and his suitcase in the other, Feliciano stood in front of the door as he said goodbye to his friends.

"How long will you be gone?" asked Lovino, somehow, after he and Antonio had got married, he has become slightly less obnoxious and slightly more caring. Nobody knows how this happened and yet nobody dares to question it.

"I plan on staying for two weeks. I'll be back soon so don't worry!" he threw a smile on his face.

"We'll take care of the restaurant for you so you don't have to worry about that," said Antonio as he wrapped his arm around Lovino.

"Thanks, if you guys have any questions just call me."

"Will you actually have your phone on you?" teased Francis.

"Yes I will, I've been keeping in on me now that I have Salice." He turned to the door. "Well, I better get going now so I don't miss my flight."

After another round of goodbyes, Feliciano finally left his house and began to drive to the airport. Upon arrival, he quickly ran into the airport and went through security, making it to his gate just as they were doing the last call.

Quickly, he walked through the tunnel and sent a text to Folkert saying that he just got on the plane before turning off his phone and strapping himself in. Looking out the window, he could see the airport building and remembered back to whenever he was standing outside of it waving to a plane going exactly where he is going at this very moment.

When the captain announced that they were to prepare for takeoff he sucked in a breath and gripped the hand rests on his seat. This was another reason why Feliciano very rarely made the offer to fly to Ludwig, he was terrified of planes.

The woman in the seat next to him gave him a light pat on the hand, "Scared to fly?" she asked.

Feliciano just nodded his head and tried not to make it as obvious that his heart was pounding in his chest from the fear.