Chapter 23

We all stare in utter terror at Brad and Tristan, our jaws gaping. Brad slips his hand into his back pocket, pulling out the gun I dropped in the road. He points it at us.

"How are you all today?" He asks in a gruesome tone, his eyebrow lifting.

Camila lets out a loud groan followed by a sob as she clutches her ankle. I glance at the gun, ducking down and sprinting over to Camila without a second thought. But Brad and Tristan don't seem to care, they're too focused on Harry and Louis.

I kneel down beside Camila, helping her up so she is sitting upright. Camila flashes me a thankful glance as she rubs her ankle, I kiss her cheek.

"It hurts." She murmurs, sighing while looking down at her ankle. But by gazing at her eyes, I can tell that's not the only reason why she seems so down. I lift her head gently with my thumb to fully be able to see her eyes. As soon as our eyes meet, she drops her's.

"Babe," I whisper, rubbing her cheek softly with my thumb. "What's wrong?"

"I failed you." Camila mumbles, her voice breaking at the end because it's so weak. I stare in disbelief at my girlfriend, feeling my heart shatter at her words.

"How did you fail me?" I ask, searching for clarification. Camila just shakes her head, frowning with her lips and eyes. I furrow my eyebrows in worry, moving my body so I'm face to face with her. "My love, c'mon, tell me."

Camila looks down briefly, finally looking up at my eyes. "Well, first of all, I yelled at your friends and you. Second, I didn't shoot the tramps." She sighs, gesturing to Brad and Tristan who are closing in on Harry and Louis. I feel fear threaten my heart.

"That isn't failing us, Camz," I assure her, kissing her cheek once again. "If you would of let them kill you then that would be failing us. Camz, we just want you to be here and safe."

Lifting her beautiful eyes, she grins largely. She laughs softly, placing her hand on my cheek and rubbing my skin. "Lo, I lo—"

Her words are cut off by Brad coughing loudly in our direction. We look over to him, our faces blank. "This is cute and all, but really can you stand near your friends? Thanks." Brad snaps, rolling his eyes.

I shrug sheepishly at Camila, extending a hand to help Camila up. I pull her up, and she wraps her arms around my neck, trying to gain her balance without hurting her ankle and foot more. In the end, she just rests her body against my side, which I don't mind. We make our way to Harry and Louis, standing beside Louis.

"Okay," Tristan claps his hands together, smiling. "Give us the diamond."

"Hell no." Harry growls, narrowing his eyes and stuffing his hand into his pocket to hold onto the diamond.

"How about no." Camila snaps at the same time Harry answers.

"In your wildest dreams." Louis answers after Camila speaks.

"We'd rather jump off this building than hand it over." I conclude in the middle of Louis's sentence.

Harry then turns to me, lifting an eyebrow. "But would we though?" Harry retorts. I shake my head, glaring in his direction. He just shrugs, putting his hands up.

"Alright then," Brad announces, walking up to Harry and raising his gun to Harry's head. "Give me the diamond, please." His voice lowering at the end of the sentence, his eyes glowering at us.

"No." Harry says firmly, his eyes holding Brad's steadily.

"Fine," Brad scoffs as if he has no care in the world. "You leave me no choice."