Chapter 26

"Why aren't you telling us where you're taking us?" Camila asks, picking at her fingernails gingerly. I glance over at her, nudging her hand gently. She stops nervously picking and smiles sheepishly at me.

"Because it's a secret." Dinah answers, her eyes glued to the road. We've been driving for a while and she hasn't gave us the tiniest clue to where we are going. All we know is she wouldn't let us look in the trunk.

"Don't kidnap us." I joke half-heartily, casting a glance over to Camila. She suddenly whips her head around, her eyes narrowing in on me. She smacks my stomach with the back of her hand, causing me to wince slightly.

"It isn't funny." Camila snaps, her eyes full of fear. I immediately feel guilt well up in my chest, weighing me down like a brick in the ocean.

"I'm sorry," I apologize, dipping my head in sorrow. "I didn't know..."

"It's alright," Camila assures me, rubbing my arm. "Just it's too soon."

I nod my head shamefully, casting a look out my window. I didn't want my words to hurt her, and even though she said she is alright; I know her better than that. She could could say she is fine a billion time and I'd only believe her the one time she says she isn't okay.

"Are y'all ready?" Dinah asks, looking back at us. We all nod our heads quickly, eager to know where our friend is taking us. Dinah continues to pull down a street, entering a large parking lot full of cars.

A church sits beside the lot.

"Oh my god," I murmur while gazing out at the tall church. I run my fingers through my hair, gaping. "It's your wedding day. Isn't it?"

"Bingo," Dinah answers, her grin giddy, parking close to the wide building. "C'mon, let's go."

"But we aren't wearing nice clothes." Louis stresses, pulling the cloth off his chest then letting go and allowing it to stick back to his skin.

"I'm sure there will extras," Dinah brushes it off, opening her door. "Now hurry! I need to get suited in my dress before the ceremony starts."

"Picky, picky.." I hear Harry playfully poke fun at Dinah's worried attitude. I shoot him a warning glance, and he lifts an eyebrow at me but proceeds to slide out of the car. Ally scoots out after him, jumping onto the ground. I unbuckle, getting out of the car with Camila close behind me.

Dinah pops the trunk, pulling out a black bag with a string of words in fancy font on the front. I quickly realize it's the bag for her wedding dress. She slings it over her shoulder, nervously patting the fabric of the bag down. She longingly glances over to the church as the door bursts open and a familiar figure runs out.

"Dinah!" The person shouts, the voice flooding my brain. "You're finally here! Clara was getting worried."

"My mom is here?" I whisper to Dinah who nods.

"In case you forgot," Dinah mumbles back, her eyes still on the lady who is getting closer and closer. "Our moms were close."

I nod once, leaning away from my friend. Then, the person talking comes into view and I feel my jaw drop. I glance over to Camila to see her eyes wide and her jaw slack.

"Lauren?" Camila's mother, Sinu, asks, stopping a few feet from us. Of course she would recognize me instead of her own daughter; Camila has changed so much, it's crazy. "Is that you, dear?"

"Yeah." I croak, staring at my girlfriend's mother. She looks so different from the last time I saw her, but that's makes since as I haven't seen her for years. She doesn't resemble the stuck-up mother of a brilliant daughter; she reminds me of a torn apart mother who lost her only daughter at a young age.