Chapter 12

~Three hours into journey~

I have come to the conclusion this is the longest traveling time I have ever experienced. We should be getting closer to the Leaf Village. Looking at the two boys with me, I notice they didn't seem phased by it. I left out a huff, reluctantly continuing to our destination. I'm ready to be home, ready to lay in bed and ready to see Gaara. I hope everything has been fine while I've been gone. I let out a stressed sigh. Kakashi and Sasuke on the other hand, we're getting annoy by my sighing. Rubbing his fingers against his temples, Sasuke begins speaking.

"Rina, could you knock it off with the huffing and puffing. We are almost there, there is no need to be acting childish." I stick my tongue out and roll my eyes at him in response. He shakes his head, probably at the thought of having to deal with me. I continue my antics by puffing out my cheeks in protest. Being home with Gaara is the main thought running through my head. Sasuke in response taps his fingers against my forehead.

"Hey! You always do this to get me to stop!" He chuckles softly ruffling my hair.

"I do it simply because it yields results. You usually stop complaining." He isn't wrong. Ever since we were young he had the habit of poking my forehead with his fingers when I'm upset. Accepting my defeat, I let out one last sigh and continue walking. After twenty minutes we reach the gates of the Leaf Village. I take in a deep breathe. It's great being home. Waving at Izumo and Kotetsu to greet them. The wave back and soon have a shocked expression upon seeing Sasuke close behind me. I give them a huge grin and place my index finger in a shushing manner to signify to keep it a secret. I wanted to surprise everyone. Walking past them we follow the path to report back to Lady Tsunade regarding the success of our mission. After that I can relax at home!

As we arrive to the Hokage's office, we enter to see a rambunctious Naruto complaining about not telling him about my mission as well as not letting him go on it. Of course he would be here complaining. I shake my head, Sasuke let's out s deep sigh, and Kakshi drags his hand against his face. We all know how Naruto is when he doesn't get what he wants. He gets ridiculously riled up over the smallest of things. I swear he always acts like a child. Just as Naruto was about to finish his tangent, I interrupt him by clearing my throat.

"Naruto maybe it's time to stop your complaining. I'm already back from the mission." Not paying mine that it was me, he continues his rant.

"Who are you to tell me to stop com-" his face fell once Sasuke came into his view. He directs his gaze towards me a huge toothy grin gracing his lips. He lets out a small chuckle apologizing for his response that was directed at me. He knows I don't like being talked to in that manner. He soon tackles Sasuke to the ground in a tight embrace.

"I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU'RE HERE! HOW DID SHE DO IT?! I THOUGHT YOU WEREN'T COMING BACK." Sasuke pushes Naruto off of him, getting up. Brushing the first of himself, Sasuke rolls his eyes at his idiot of a best friend.

"Idiot, you know you aren't the only one that is my best friend in your family." Sasuke thumps Naruto's forehead and soon pulling him into a tight brotherly hug.

"I missed you a lot too." Naruto begins sobbing and tightening the hug between him and the raven hair teenager. Kakashi, Tsunade and I all smile softly at the heart felt moment. After a few minutes, they pull away only to drag me into the embrace. Being crushed between the two boys, I start coughing and complaining about being suffocated by their love. We all start laughing at the scene. I think about how elated Naruto is which in turn makes me feel the exact same way. I missed this Naruto. I finally got my brother back. After a while we all pull away, deciding to go to the barbecue restaurant to celebrate Sasuke's return.