Chapter 18

~ Three days before Mission~

Rina's POV

I was strolling down the streets of the Leaf since it was lovely out. Gaara was at a meeting for the final touches for making the journey back to the Sand Village. So while he was busy with that, I decided to go shopping  for whatever else we may be needed. Just as I was making my way to the shopping district I notice the recognizable green body suit. I smile brightly running over to Rock Lee to say hi and see if he would like to join me in shopping. I wave while running towards him trying to catch his attention.

"Lee! Hey!!" Lee quickly looks in my direction and quickly meets me half way.

"Rina! How are you on this glorious morning! A great day for training for sure!" He gives me his signature thumbs up and glimmering smile. I chuckle softly at his quirkiness.

"I'm doing pretty good this morning! I think it is an amazing day for training! I am actually going shopping for anything else I may need for our mission. Would you like to join me? I would like the company!" I smile brightly at my training addicted friend. His smile widens as he grabs my hands in gratitude.

"I would love to join you Rina! I do have some things I need to pick up for the upcoming mission as well!" I nod excitedly and grab his arm to start dragging him around different weapons and supply stores.

"Great! It's going to be so much fun! Especially since we don't hang out often!"

"You're absolutely right! We don't hang out as much! We have both been busy with missions an training!" I nod in agreement. It has been getting busier ever since Naruto got back from training with Pervy Sage. Especially with the rumors of the Akatsuki lurking around. Not only do I have to worry about Naruto, I have to worry about Gaara as well. (A/N: Im kind of going off the anime series but instead of the Gaara's kidnapping happening when Naruto gets back, I am making it later so my story flows a bit better.) It was tough being alone without Naruto during that time. I was training under Tsunade with Sakura so that did keep me busy for the time being. It also helped with not feeling as alone since Sakura was sort of able to relate to how I was feeling. We both wanted to get stronger for both Naruto and Sasuke. In that time we were able to have a heart to heart and finally squash our issues. We slowly got to know each other more but I wouldn't say we were best friends.

Lee and I continue to make our way through the shops as we buy necessary supplies like first aid items, kunai, shrikes, paper bombs and any other tool needed. After a couple of hours we walk out of the last shop with full hands. 'It must be lunch time by now. I am getting hungry anyways.' I thought to myself. After coming to a decision, I begin my proposition.

"Lee, let's go get something to eat! It's already lunch time and don't worry, it's on me!" He smiles brightly at the offer and then starts bowing aggressively. Feeling awkward I start waving my hands trying to get him to stop. He immediately stands up grabbing both of my hands in his. This is worrying. I don't really like where this is leading. I get that Lee is a nice guy but he should definitely stop going for girls that are not available, emotional wise and in a relationship wise. I also don't want to deal with Naruto and Sasuke being protective brothers. Let alone jealousy from my boyfriend.

"Oh Thank you Rina! You are always so sweet to me! Please do me the honor of being my girlfriend!" He practically screamed this at the top of his lungs. Just as I hear the word escape his lips, I feel nothing but eyes on me. Oh no, this is not what I wanted. I chuckle awkwardly and trying to remove my hands from Lee's grasp. 'Shit he's strong!' I soon start hearing whispers surrounding me.

"But isn't Rina with Gaara?"

"Yea that's what I last heard. Maybe trouble in paradise?" Feeling embarrassed and upset from the whispers around me, I quickly remove my hands from Lee's hands. I lift my first gathering chakra, getting ready to swing. I look at Lee irritated.