"Chalk looking #*% kid"

"Ev make sure you set the table for four." I smile as I open the oven to check the lasagna.

"You got him to come?" Everly enters the kitchen.

"Well not Mr. Hamilton. But the guy I'm currently seeing is coming. His name is Israel Parker. But he's a boss himself. Just not my boss unfortunately." I pout whilst standing up and closing the oven.

"That's amazing Ma." She smiles whilst opening the oven herself to check on the caramel swirl brownies she's baking.

"How are those brownies turning out?" I ask whilst mixing the bowl of salad I left on the counter.
"Pretty yummy, from the smell of it." She smiles widely.

"Ain't you gonna get dressed. You don't expect to sit down in front of men with your sleep attire still on. Now do you?" I question her.

"No I'll change in a few." She explains checking the table once more making sure it's perfect. I've never seen my Ev this stressed and fixated on making an event go smoothly. This boy must really mean something to her. I mean he is quite frankly the only boy she's ever brought home.

I'm kind of excited to meet this boy that has my daughter close to pulling her gorgeous curls out.

"Okay I'm going to get changed now, you should do so also." She says literary running into her room. I walk into my room.

I throw on my black long sleeved sweater with my cheetah print pencil skirt.

"Ev is this too much?" I ask going to Everly's room.

"Why the hell are you wearing a potato sack?" I walk over to Ev quickly.

"It's a hoodie ma." She rolls her eyes.

"Where did you get what ever the hell it is from? I'm not letting your boyfriend see you in it." I pull the thing off of her.

The jeans are cute.

They're high waisted dark washed ripped jeans which fits her fine ass perfectly.

"One second." I raise my finger before running into my room. I pull out a black long sleeved off the shoulder crop top.

"Mom I'm not wear—."

"Hush your mouth and put the damn thing on." I hand her the top.

She takes it and struggles putting it on. After she gets it over her head and pulled it over her chest...wow.

I'm just about ready to not let my daughter be seen like this. I go into her closet and pull out a red, white, black, and grey plaid button down. I wrap it around her hips and smile at the outcome.

"You look sexy. This boys jaw is going to drop to the floor when he sees you."

"Ma this is way too revealing." She whines pulling the shirt away from herself.

"Girl you got the body for it. So own the outfit. Oh wait how do I look?" I twirl around.

"Gorgeous." She smiles.

"Great. You should put your hair in a pony tail it'll look good like that." I wink at Ev before exiting her room. I do a smoky eye for my eyeshadow and top it off with my burgundy lipstick. I put my hair in a high ponytail.

I put on my small pearl earrings and smile at the outcome.

"Ding dong!"

"Ev can you get the door please." I call out as I look for shoes in my closet. I pull out my nude red bottom pumps.

"Hey. I bought wine." I hear Israel say.

I exit my room and close the door behind me.

"Israel." I say walking down the hall.

"Annika." He gasps looking up from Ev to me. I go over and hug him.

"You look beautiful." He kisses my cheek.

"Thank you. You also look good." I smile widely.

"Israel. My daughter Everly. Ev, Israel ." I introduce them.

"It's a pleasure meeting you Everly. Your mother has told me a lot about you." He smiles at Everly extending his hand out.

"Nice to meet you too." Ev smiles back shaking his hand.

"It smells amazing in here." Israel smiles at me.

"That'd obviously be my cooking." I flip my hair for a dramatic affect.

"Another check for you to be apart of my future. Do you know how annoying it is to have Grubs cooking for me all the time." He sighs.

"Who's Grubs?" I ask as Ev enters the kitchen.

"My butler." He says casually.

"Butler ay. Look at you Mr. Big shot." I chuckle stepping towards him.

"Why don't you show Mr. Big shot your room." He smirks.

"I think I—."

The doorbell rings and I look past Israel at the front door.

"The mayors son?" Israel asks.

I nod in response before heading towards the door. I open the door and come in contact with a pale ass boy. With hair almost as white as his skin.
What the fuck?!

"Hello Mrs. Jackson." He smiles nervously.

"Um hi. Who are you?" I ask making sure I'm speaking to the right person.

"Luca Jacobs ma'am." He says handing me a box of fancy ass pastries.

"We already have desert." I glare at the box with golden color words written in a script font.

"I apologize—."

"Luca. You're here." Ev walks past me and jumps into his arms as he wraps his arms around my daughters bare waist.

"Come in." She grabs his hand and pulls him inside.

They push past me and enter my home. Everly just invited a chalk looking ass kid into my home. What the hell has my world come to?

"Israel." I hear Luca say behind me. I close the door and turn around. They give each other a quick bro hug.

"Dude you picked up pastries from Cadena de oro?" Israel takes the box from him.

"Yeah I had Jim pick them up for me." The white haired boy explains.

"Wow I love these dude. Oh damn and you got the bow ties? You really know how to win a mans heart over." Israel attempts to open the box, but it's instantly snatched from him.

"It's not to win your heart over at all dude. This is for a special lady." He turns around and hands Everly the boxes.

Oh hell nah. This kid is a player. I can see it in him. He basically has player genes in his DNA. It's written all over him.

There's no way in hell this blank sheet of paper is dating my daughter. I'll make sure it doesn't happen.