Chris-Crystal

"Happy anniversary baby." Israel kisses my lips gently.

"You too." I smile at him. This is our ten year anniversary and well it feels weird being away from the kids. But it's worth it. This night with Israel has been amazing. Every chance I get with this man I cherish because throughout these years I've learned that he truly is one of a kind.

I lean against his shoulder admiring the stars that seemed so bright today. May fifth. Seems like one of the best days of the year.

I stare ahead into the open sea loving how big the moon is and how perfectly round it is tonight. But something so beautiful can have such a rigid and un- proportional reflection. I see it as the ocean showing what one with holds deep down inside.

Even the moon isn't perfect.

Maybe.....wait is that? I quickly focus my attention on the blonde man leaning against the railing staring up at the moon. I lift my head from Israel's shoulder and stand up from the lounge chair we were laying on.

It can't be. Can it? Oh my gosh say if....."Christian?" I call out as I near the man dressed in a navy blue suit. The diamonds on his silver Rolex bounce back and forth from the reflection of the moon.

"Christian." I call out again. The man stands up straight but doesn't actually turn around.

"Hey." I actually reach out for him this time.
The man turns around revealing himself.

"Christian?" He says the name with a confused expression.

This man is defiantly not Christian. Not even close.

For one this guy is a lot older. He doesn't have Christian's beautiful gleaming eyes. Instead he has dark brown eyes. His hair is a lot darker than I thought. His face is quite round and not as defined as Christian's.

"I apologize sir." I sincerely apologize.

"Hey what's going on?" Israel comes over standing behind me.

"Everything's fine. I apologize once again." I apologize to the guy before walking away, Israel following closely behind me.

"Can we head back to our room. I'm really tired." I give him a weak smile.

"Of course." He nods at me while wrapping his arm around my shoulder.

We slowly walk back towards the rooms. Our room is 305.

Israel opened the door for me and I step in and quickly plop on the couch.

"Are you okay?" Israel sits beside me, legs spread out, hands intertwined between his legs.

I nod. Although I don't think I'm okay.

Before I can even process what's happening tears quickly leak from my eyes and I sob.

Shit what am I doing? It's our anniversary and I'm ruining it.

Stop it. Don't let him see you like this.

"I'll be right back." I stand up trying to quickly find my way to the bathroom.

"Nik. Ten years. Ten amazingly long years together, and you're still trying to get tears pass me." He cups my face with his hand wiping the tears away as they continue to fall.

I still try to look away from him. I can't let him know why my eyes suddenly decided to express my inner emotions, why my heart is swollen and why my brain aches.
I don't want to inflict pain on him just because I can't move on after an event that occurred eight years ago.

"I'm sorry." I wrap my arms around him pulling him tightly against me. "I just never want to lose you." I explain refusing to look at him.

"You won't. Our love is infinite." He says kissing my head.