From a dream come true to a nightmare

"Breakfast." I place à bowl of oatmeal in front of Ev.

She looks down at the bowl quickly packs her books, stuffs them in her bag and leaves.

That's how our mornings have been since Ev overheard Israel and I's argument.

She doesn't interact with me in any way possible.

I try to communicate with her but I never push it, in fear that she might run away once again.

"So be it." I mouth to myself the last words I said to Christian before slipping out of his apartment without another gaze wasted towards him.

But I can't quite remember the last words I said to Israel.

But I do remember wishing he told me to go fuck my self. It would've made me feel so much less guilt than I actually feel now. Or if he had burned all my clothes at his place, or got a good cursing in. All of that would've made me feel a little less guilty than I do right now.

He was a good man. The best actually.

"Tell me Annika. What's a dream come true for you? Some sort of selfish desire." Israel grabs my waist, his hand resting on my hip slightly as we walked down the brightly lighted streets of Times Square.

"Selfish desire? I don't know? I've never really had any selfish desires. I had Everly at a very young age so everything I desire is towards her benefit." I explain looking up at him with a grin.

Israel stops walking and looks down at me.
I stare up at him in confusion.

"Are you real?" He asks staring into my eyes.

I chuckle looking down at my feet.

"Israel you flatter me." I say as my face warms up.

"No Annika I'm serious." His eyes widen as if I've just grown a tail and proved his point.

"Excuse me ma'am. Do you mind doing me a favor and pinching me?" Israel stops a random blonde mid twenty women with a lot of makeup on.

The women stands in front of Israel and chuckles looking up at him with a wide smile.

"Are you sure?" She practically purrs.
"Yes please." Israel extends his arm.
The women pinches him and he turns to look at me.

"So you're real. Meaning I've just scored jackpot!" He wraps his arms around me lifting me up and twirling me around.

"Israel!" I gasp at his sudden actions.

He places me down and grabs onto my hand turning back to the young women.

"Thank you so much miss." He smiles at her.

"No problem sir." She smiles back at him before giving me a full body scan and walking away.

"You're ridiculous." I nudge him away from me.

He thought I was some sort of dream come true. But instead I ended up becoming a nightmare.

I really wish I had never hurt that man. I rarely have regrets but if anything, hurting Israel hit number one.

"Ding dong."

My head quickly darts to the front door.

I walk around the counter to the front door.

I hesitate from opening the door considering Ev just left for school and wouldn't come back so early.