New Roommate

Falling back, you blink at the classic metal android head that rested in the new model android's hands. "___! You okay- whoa..." Luffy stops at the top of the stairs with his brothers, looking at the android.
"O-Oh.. You brought this for me? Thanks..." You give the android a smile, taking the head carefully. "How did you know where I live?"
The android just tilts his head in response. "Wow... You said he was big but I wasn't expecting him to look like a tank..." Ace comments.
"Yeah, you guys understand now?" You toss them a nervous smile.
"He's awesome!" Luffy leans over your back. "Still don't know his name?"
"Nope..." You look up at the android as he watches you. "Do you want a name?" You ask. Only a blink is your response. "Any idea's guys?"
"What about... Red!" Luffy smiles.
"Could call him Captain," Ace shrugs.
"Or Kid." Sabo hums. You look between the three before looking to the android.
"Then... Captain Kid." You nod, smiling a bit. "Alright, Kid... You... Want to stay with me?" He steps closer to you in response. "Okay... I will see you guys tomorrow then." You wave to the brothers, awkwardly leading the android into your apartment. You look at Kid for a few moments.
"Uh.... Do you need to charge?... Or wash... I have no idea what to do with you..." You mutter, rubbing your neck. He walks around in the apartment before coming back and patting your head. "Right... Then I'm going to shower and go to bed..." You decide before going to your room and closing the door. Tomorrow was bound to be interesting...

Breaking glass catches your ear and you open your eyes in confusion. You hear it again and hurry out looking around before finding the android in the kitchen, taking out another glass but it breaks in his hand. "H-Hey! What are you-" You inhale sharply as you feel something cut the bottom of your feet. You look down to find glass all over the floor. Dammit, how many dishes did he break.
He picks you up, making you wince from his grip. He sets you on the counter and moves to look at your foot but you swiftly pull it away. "J-Just get the first aid kit from under the sink in the bathroom..." You tell him in slight annoyance, scooting to the sink and washing your wound. At least it was shallow but still hurt.
The first aid kit is held in front of your face and you jump slightly before taking it and starting to tend to your foot. "There's a broom in that closet." You tilt your head to it. Two seconds later you hear wood splintering and look over as the top of broom falls off. "That's it! Stop touching things and go stand in the corner!" You shout at the android. He pauses before doing so. You growl in frustration as you finish bandaging your foot before trying to find a safe spot on the floor to land.
The android steps toward you but you hold up your hand. "Stay." You sigh. There's a knock at the door before it opens.
"Are you okay? We heard you shout.." Sabo says easing in.
"Over here." You call, "Watch your step," You rub your temple and the guys come around the corner.
"Shit, you okay? What happened?" Ace asks, coming over and picking you up from the counter before taking you to the couch.
"I think his limiters are broken, every time he grabs something it breaks." You relax slightly. "I guess he was trying to get me some water but...." You rub your forehead. "I yelled at him..."
"Hey it's okay ___, you're just not used to him yet." Luffy smiles, rubbing your back. You look over at the android as he watches Sabo sweep up the glass.
"I'll take him to Franky after work. Maybe we can see if we can fix those limiters." You decide, getting up.
"You're still going?" Sabo frowns. "But your foot..."
"I'll be fine, it's not a deep cut." You shrug, going to the android. He peers at you before looking at the floor. "I'm sorry for yelling at you Kid, I get a bit short tempered when I'm hurt." You touch his shoulder. "Lets go find things you cant break yea?" You peer at his face. He meets your gaze and gives a small nod.
"There, all clean," Sabo hums coming over.
"Thanks Sabo, Ace, Luffy." You give the brothers a hug.
"Just be careful out there," Ace chuckles.
"Hey, lets go shopping when you come back!" Luffy gushes hugging you.
"I do need new cups..." You nod, giving him a sheepish smile. Kid brings over the android head and looks at you expectantly. "Alright, lets go Kid." You add before heading out. He trails along, looking around quietly. You reach the junkyard and he retrieves the dolly as you start to poke around.
"If you found the head then maybe the rest is still here..." You mutter, digging around the scrap as it starts to rain. You pause and frown, glancing up before continuing to search. You hear metal binding and pause before looking over. Kid holds a large highway sign over your head to shield you from the rain. You pale, glancing up. "This is why androids scare me..." You mutter.
A few hours pass and it starts to storm, lightning flickering above. "Okay, time to go." You sigh turning to get the dolly. There's a bright flash and there's a deafening boom of thunder. You gasp and look to the android as he twitches, eye going black. "... Kid?" You pat the androids chest. No response. You frown at that, guess he wasn't powering back on again.
"I won't sell you even if you don't come back on." You breathe, moving behind him and using your portable torch to get rid of most of the sign he held. Then you unload the dolly and stand it up so you can put him on it, you lay it back down placing the few things you had managed to salvage before heading to Franky's.
"You were working today? So stubborn." Franky greets with a smile.
"Hey, so here are these and... I'm keeping him, so can you fix him? He got struck by lightning." You tell him, touching the android's shoulder. He straightens and peers at the android.
"Looks like his main power got surged." He says, pulling up the android's shirt and opening its chest, removing what looked like a metal heart. Franky replaces it with his own model. "This is a prototype, I don't know how it'll perform in the new model." He tells you, putting it in.
"Can you fix his limiters too? And I think his voice box is damaged too." You shift slightly, looking at Kid.
"I don't have anything for his voice, but limiters are an easy fix." Franky assures, opening a panel on Kid's arm and adjusting something in it. "He needs a lot of work done. You sure you want this one?" He peers at you.
".... I can handle it." You rub your neck.
"If you say." He rumbles, finishing and closing the panels. "I don't know when he'll power back on, need help taking him home?" He inquires.
"Yes please. He's so damn heavy." You sigh.
"Yeah." He chuckles, nodding and helping you load the android into his van. "He's a fighter model, mostly steel and titanium." He says as you both get in the than. "He's a lucky find ___, in one piece, and functional. Though he obviously needs some work done before he's back to prime condition."
"I believe it... There goes my truck funds..." You mutter rubbing your cheek.
"Well, if it's any constellation, I would do that too." He hums peering back at the android. "Trucks can always be bought, but an android like that, is rare."
"I hope he's worth the trouble..."