Personality

Kid picks you up and you blink in confusion, looking back at him as he scans where you had been standing amongst scrap. Setting you to the side, the android kneels down, moving the scrap around before taking out an amber android eye. "Oh, is that yours? Let me clean it off for you." You hum, taking it gingerly.
He watches you as clean off the eye with your shirt. You look it over before handing it to him. Kid puts the eye in and blinks them both before looking at you. "Looks good Kid. You have beautiful eyes." You smile and pat his head. He scoffs silently and stands up.
You raise an eyebrow, he's been showing some personality since you brought him into your home, and to be honest, you kinda liked his spunk. "Fine not beautiful," You chuckle, peering at the dolly. "This isn't looking good Kid." You sigh.
The android looks at the dolly, then you as you rub your temple with a worried frown. The android lifts the arm with no skin armor and you feel a magnetic surge come from it just before all kinds of metals build up one the arm, creating a large mass. You gap at the android in awe. Android's could do that? He looks at you expectantly, lowering his arm so you could look at what he gathered.
"You certainly get more amazing Kid..." You murmur before grabbing what you found valuable and adding it to the dolly. It sure put you at ease but you wished you could bring something back that was unique. You look at Kid and pat is arm. "I'm glad you're around." You hum before pulling away to climb on top of a scrap pile. Your eyes scan around carefully but alas, nothing stuck out.
With a small sigh of defeat you start back down to Kid. "Alright lets go-" Something grabs your ankle, and you fall forward. The android catches you, holding you up swiftly. You both look over at the android arm as its fingers twitch. "Huh... Didn't see that..." You mutter. Kid looks at you and you give him a sheepish smile.
"Well, I guess that tops the rest." You comment as he puts you down. You go over and collect the arm, jumping in surprise when it flails. You fall back only to get caught by Kid again. He takes the arm, looking at it as it twitches slightly.
"Looks like the arm from our classic metal friend. But why is the arm still functioning? Do you guys have power sources in them?" You ask. Kid shakes his head looking the arm over before pointing to the sky with a shrug. You glance up in confusion.
"The lightning? I guess that would explain... Come on! We might get extra if it's still moving when we get there!" You chime and lead the way out of the scrap yard. Kid follows, smacking the hand whenever it lashed at him.
Franky was working outside when you and the android come up. "Hey ___, nice day today! I see he's up and working again." Franky gives Kid a nod.
"Yeah, we found his other eye today too, but no voice box yet." You comment. Kid holds the android arm out to him.
"I'm working on one for ya. Looks like a good haul today." Franky takes the arm, raising an eyebrow when it tries to grab for something. "Interesting.... 600 for everything sound good?" He inquires.
"Sounds great." You smile as he pays you. "Have a good night Franky." You smile before leading Kid home. "So, want anything while we're out?" You look up at him. The android looks around before shaking his head. "I cant wait for you to speak." You sigh.
You reach the apartment as the sun sets. You lead Kid inside and smile, going to the kitchen to make dinner for yourself. Kid goes over, turning on the t.v and watching it. You peer out at him and pause. The way he was looking at the t.v sent chills through out your body. You glance at the t.v as they spoke of one the richest people in town. A man you formally knew as Shanks.
The scent of food draws you back to the oven and you focus on finishing dinner. You sit down and start to eat, pausing when Kid comes in with an old picture frame. Right away you knew the one he had.
"That's my childhood friend, he and I used to play in junkyards all day long, never got bored salvaging... His name was Kid too, I guess Sabo gave you that name because of the red hair... He... One day, there was an accident... We were playing at a fresh pile of junk, there was an old car sitting on top.... We were playing and I heard a noise, but before I could see what... He pushed me out of the way, and the car crushed him..." Your voice had grown soft and quiet near the end, you weren't sure if the android heard it.
"And that's how I lost my best friend." You offer a sad smile generally taking the picture to look at the two young friends smiling together. You kiss the boy's forehead, tears pricking your eyes. "Still love ya buddy..." You whisper before giving him the frame.
The android stares at the picture for a while, fingers combing through his hair. You study him for a bit before smiling a bit. "Actually.... I think he'd be as handsome as you if he had lived." You comment before looking at your plate. Suddenly you didn't feel hungry, getting up you move your plate to the microwave.
Kid watches you and frowns, picking you up and carrying you to the couch, tossing you on it. You blink in confusion as he disappears into your room briefly before returning with a blanket, tossing that on you before sitting next to your head, putting your pillow on his leg and moving you to rest your head on it. You just blink, still confused as he puts on a movie. What the hell was this?
"That's a very demanding way of telling me to relax..." You sweatdrop as you get comfortable. He places a hand on your neck in response, thumb sliding over your jaw. This was weird, what was he doing? Eh, not that you minded the gesture, it was comforting in it's own way.
You close your eyes after a while, dozing off, unaware of the android watching you calmly. His throat opens up and he removes the machine within to look at the chunk that was missing. His eyes glare at it before he places it back and carefully moves out from under your head.
After making sure you're still asleep, he walks through the apartment, closing the blinds silently. He reaches the last window, spotting a pair of glowing red lights across the street. He stops and smirks, holding up his middle finger to them before closing the blinds and returning to you, moving under the pillow again.

You yawn and roll over, waking a bit more when a hand comes over your side. Your eyes ease open to see a black shirt, trailing it up, you find a pair of amber eyes looking back at you. With a surprised jerk, you sit up, rubbing your eyes and yawning again.
"Mm... Is it morning already?" You blink finding light trying to pierce through your window blinds. "Guess so..." You scratch your foot and pause, you didn't remember putting on a button up sleeve shirt... You look down at yourself before looking back at Kid.
'Pay back.' Was written on a piece of paper he held up with an amused smile. You gap at him, not expecting that at all.
"You.... You're really something else..." You huff, pushing on his cheek. He gives a distorted chuckle in response. "I knew something was off last night, you planned that didn't you?"
He shakes his head still seeming amused by your reaction. Your eyes narrow, he seemed very human right now if it weren't for the mechanisms exposed by his scars. As weird as it was, you couldn't get mad at him for this.
"Alright..." You get up and stretch. "I'm going to see if any of the brothers are off, you wanna come along?" You ask him as you move to your room to change, keeping the door open so you can check his face for an answer. Kid gives you a very bored expression at the question. "Alright, just thought I'd ask, I'll get you more oil while I'm out." You tell him, reaching back and flicking the bell on his collar, earning an unamused look.
With a snicker, you go out and upstairs to your neighbor's door, giving a knock. After a moment, Sabo answers, giving you a smile. "Hey, taking the day off?" He greets.
"Yeah, wanna come shopping with me?" You ask.
"Of course, let me just get my boots on." He says before disappearing to do so. You peer around the apartment quietly. "Kid's not coming along?"
"No, he gave me a very bored look when I asked.... I thought androids were supposed to be emotionless but hes...."
"Very human?" He finishes, coming back to you. "I've been doing research for you, and I've found some interesting things." He tells you.
"I'm listening." You hum as you both head downstairs and to town.
"So, the soldier models weren't just built to fight, they're made to infiltrate and deceive. There are none that look the same and they're all just like us, fully equipped to extract information. Which is why they have..." He coughs and scratches his nose, pointing down.
"Yeah, I found that one out..." You sweatdrop.
"Anyway... They stopped reproduction of them because many suddenly went AWOL. They have a mind of their own, so they're even more dangerous now." He finishes and you meet his worried gaze.
"Sabo relax, Kid just wants a home, I have nothing else to offer." You assure him with a slight shrug.
"I don't know... Just, please be careful... I worry about you so..." He sighs, rubbing his cheek. You smile and lean on his shoulder.
"Such a worrywort Sabo," You tease lightly.
"I really am... But I cant help it when you don't take care of yourself." He pouts lightly. You giggle lightly at that and pat his back.
"Really, I'm fine." You assure. He just sighs, bowing his head in defeat, he knew you wouldn't cave. "Come on handsome, first stop, oil for my roommate!" You chime, leading him into a mechanic shop.
"At least he's low maintenance for a specifically trained killing machine..." Sabo mutters. You look at him and pat his cheek.
"Sabo, I'm not changing my mind." You tell him.
"I know..." He grumbles as you grab a few cans of oil. You chuckle and lead him out to the main store now. After a bit, Sabo relaxes enough for you to start to tease him.
"Sabo, you know what my favorite shade of blue is?" You ask him.
"No, what is your favorite shade of blue?" He inquires.
"Your eyes," You smirk as pink comes to his cheeks. "Your cheeks right now are also my favorite shade of red."
"... Are you hitting on me or teasing me?" He raises an eyebrow.
"Nah, I'm just complimenting you," You smile at him.
Before he can respond, someone touches your shoulder and he looks over at the newcomer instead. "Excuse me Miss." You look at the man and pause.
Hot diddly damn, look at this man! You blink at his silvery blue orbs as the tan man tilts his head. "Yes." You respond simply. He blinks and gives an amused smirk.
"I'm sorry for bothering you, but have you seen any androids around town?" He inquires, scratching at his soul patch.
"Sorry, you're in the wrong town for androids," You smile at him. He hums, frowning briefly.
"That's too bad... Thank you." He rubs your shoulder before walking off.
"Why not say anything about Kid?" Sabo asks quietly.
"Because someone tried to destroy Kid... I don't want to put him in danger.... Besides... That man was too damn hot to mean good for me." You shrug.
"That so...." Sabo sweatdrops.