Not Him

"I'm back." A familiar voice calls, waking you. Your eyes crack open and your mind tries to register the voice. There's a pause. "Uh... Who the hell are you?" They huff. Your eyes widen at that and you shoot out of bed and rush out, blinking at the blond as he and Kid look over.

"Killer!" You breathe before tackle hugging him. He chuckles hugging you tightly, smiling behind his scarf, fire colored eyes softening.

"I missed you too... So, what's with the guard dog?" He jokes lightly.

"This is Kid, he lives here now." You smile up at him, bouncing slightly. "I've missed you so much! Welcome home!" You chime hugging him tighter. He chuckles rubbing your back.

"I missed you more, I brought you something." He breathes before pulling away to show you the bag. You take it and look in.

"Snacks and gloves! I do need these! You're the best!" You gush hugging him again.

"Heh I try, looks like you've been busy." Killer looks at Kid again. "Where did you get an android?"

"I found him in the scrap, scared the hell out of me." You go over and pat Kid's chest. "So after a few days I took him in! He's a big help, and actually really cool." You smile sheepishly.

"That so?" Kid smirks.

"Shut it." You huff puffing your cheeks at him.

"... Interesting... Anyway, lets go get breakfast, Kid right? You can come too." Killer says putting his backpack down while you rush to go get dressed. Kid looks at Killer briefly before going to his claimed room to change as well. You come out, skipping to Killer with a smile.

"So... Did you win?" You ask him.

"Always. Work was fun too. They're coming up with another model. Calling them pacifista." Killer tells you.

"Pacifista? Even if they make new models, they're still no match for the Soldier model." You fold your arms with a smirk.

"... Weren't you afraid of the worker models?" He sweatdrops.

"Don't get me wrong. Androids still terrify me. But... Kid is a badass." You grin.

"Thanks, I try." The android rumbles behind you and you can hear the cocky smile in his voice.

"He's good at the ruining moments too." You deadpan, earning a chuckle from the redhead.

"You two get along well... Lets go." Killer hums before leading you both out. "So, I got news."

"News? The best news?" You lean on him.

"Eh... Alright news... I will soon be promoted to designer." He breathes rather proudly.

"That's the best news!" You gasp hugging him, "They're gonna look so cool!" You gush.

"Heh, but the thing is, it's further away and I don't know when I'll be back." He sighs putting an arm around you. You blink, frowning briefly.

"If it's what you want. You know where I'll be whenever you can come visit." You offer a smile. He hums, resting his cheek against your temple.

"Yeah... But I miss you..." He grumbles.

"Then call me once in a while! Or answer when I call." You poke his side as you enter the diner. He pulls away as you guys get a booth, Kid sits beside you.