TWO

❖ ❖ ❖ ❖ ❖

TWO; BACK TO HOGWARTS

     "WILL YOU LOT GET DOWN HERE NOW, PLEASE!"

     Stella was currently tying up her hair into a neat ponytail while Molly shouted from downstairs. She quickly grabbed her bags and raced down the stairs, ignoring the screeches emitting from Mrs. Black's portrait. It had been yelling vile insults almost every minute of the day, and Stella was nearing the edge of her temper.

     After Molly spotted her oldest daughter, she yanked open the front door and stepped out into the sunlight. Stella and Harry were the last ones to leave the home, and Fred and George fell into step with their sister. Ginny and Remus were just behind them, monitoring their every move.

     "Don't need to be so overprotective. I've recovered."

     Fred exchanged a brief glance with his twin. "Stella, we're just giving support. You know if you need it, we'll be here." In other words: if you ever feel the urge to become a vicious Death Eater, tell us first.

     Stella nodded. The walk to King's Cross only took twenty minutes, but Stella's feet were already aching. As soon as she ran into the platform between nine and ten, she felt like she was home. She saw the familiar train of Hogwarts Express and a smile spread across her face.

     "No trouble?" Moody growled at the group.

     "Nothing," Remus assured.

     "I'll still be reporting Sturgis to Dumbledore," said Moody. "That's the second time he's not turned up in a week. Getting as unreliable as Mundungus."

     "Well, look after yourselves." Remus began shaking everyone's hand, and Stella spotted Draco's frame.

     She rushed to press a kiss to Molly's cheek and hugged Arthur briskly. Molly shouted her goodbyes at Stella as she rushed to see Draco.

     Lucius spotted her first. As a spitting image of her mother, Stella haunted Narcissa's mind everyday with constant thoughts of her former best friend. Narcissa knew of what Lucius had done to the Abberdon family, and it was a topic never spoken in the manor.

     Stella always felt a sense of security being with Draco. Ron liked to say that when he saw his sister's boyfriend, a bit of last night's dinner would climb its way up his throat. However, after not seeing Draco for days, all Stella did was kiss him.

     "Not angry with me anymore, my love?"

     Stella shook her head. "I'm always angry with you. This is simply a brief period where I choose to hold it in."

     Draco said his goodbyes to Lucius and Narcissa, which looked more like an awkward family meeting than a heartfelt goodbye. He and Stella maneuvered their way to the prefect carriage, where Ron and Hermione also were. Both of their noses twisted in distaste at the sight of Draco, but they bit their tongues in respect for Stella.

     "Be nice," she hissed in her boyfriend's ear.

     Stella greeted the Slytherin Head Boy and Girl, taking a seat next to Hannah Abbott. Her blonde hair flowed nicely down her shoulders as she sat next to Ernie Macmillan. Both of their Hufflepuff prefect badges gleamed in the light.