Chapter 1

My class is in homeroom just
waiting to get started with the school day. It's a beautiful day today;the bird's are chirping, the sky is glowing with the golden sun, everything just seems so perfect...except for the work in school. Whatever, I'll get through. We're supposed to be expecting a new student today. Apparently, it's going to be a guy named Eric...I wonder what he will be like? Mushfiqur says it's going to be his best friend Eric from 6th grade and he said Eric is really nice so I guess I could make friends with him. I'm just tapping my fingers on the desk and suddenly the room goes quiet. I turn around and it's a guy with a pretty decent haircut, rectangular and black glasses, and he's Chinese. Instantly I find him kinda cute. Since he's the new kid he doesn't have an assigned seat yet so Mr.McCarthy gives him the seat next to me. The bell for first period rings and we all exit homeroom. When we reach social studies, I sit in a random seat next to Priti, one of my best friends. Mushfiqur and Eric sit in the same table with us. It's kind of quiet, but then Priti tries to be friendly with Eric because he's new and she wants to get to know him. It's a good thing she asked him cause for some reason I felt kind of awkward around him. I found out that he transferred into our class 841, from 815. Mushfiqur and Eric were just talking to each other while I talked to Priti the entire period because Ms.Sewpaul wasn't here today so we had a substitute. Soon it's finally time for lunch and Eric decides to sit in the seat next to me.