Chapter 6

Valentine's Day is honestly so dramatic. Why do you need to buy random gifts for your significant other? Are you trying to show that you love them? If you really love your significant other you don't have to have a day to prove it to each other. Ugh, I guess I'm just upset about not being able to spend this day with Eric. During lunch, Eric bought a rose from the Valentines Day Sale organized by the Parents Association. What?! Who is Eric buying this rose for? Is Eric seeing someone? He was writing something as well. I noticed it was a letter after he bought the rose. I thought it was homework or something like that at first. I saw him staring everywhere. I was getting jealous because many a times, he would stare at other girls.  He looked at every other girl but me. After lunch, i had mixed emotions. I kind of felt like crying because the guy I like might like someone else, or already have a girlfriend. Dang, I never even asked if he was single or not. I never even got to confess my feelings to him. To think, I was kind of in the mood to say something about it to Eric. I hate how I'm confused and upset at the same time because I don't know who he likes or is dating. Hey, I just remembered something. Didn't Eric ask me if I was free after school?...What was that about? Awe, who cares. He was probably going to ask me help him prepare to ask out his crush that isn't me. I need to go home and get rid of this saltiness with some ice cream. I couldn't wait to get out of homeroom. I really needed to leave this place filled with teddy bears, flowers, and loneliness. As I step foot outside of the school exit, I felt a tug on my shoulder. I turn around to see Eric . Ugh no, I needed to get away from him, I can't take this. Before I could say anything, Eric once again asks "So are you busy right now?"

Lori: No, not really. Do you need something? (I felt like saying perhaps your girlfriend with rolling eyes).
Eric: Um, well. Do you want to go to the park with me?
Lori: I don't know if I'm in the mood.
Eric: Come on, please?
Lori: Fine,let's go.

When we reached the park, we took a seat on the bench. As soon as we sat down he started taking something out of his backpack.
Eric: (takes out letter and gives it to Lori, holds out rose and says): "Lori will you be my girlfriend?"