Target

I make my way down to the training room, and see guns. I've never in my life had seen a gun in real life, let alone hold one.

"Everyone grab a gun, and find a target." Four commands, his voice deep with sleep.

I walk over to the table and grab a gun, I see Eric in the corner of my eye, staring at all of us. I look over to Amy who is staring at Eric, I bite my lip to keep from laughing aloud. I felt the urge to shout at her to back off, but I kept to myself. I did not want to get in trouble by Four, he looked like he barely got any sleep last night.

"All you pay attention, I am only going to do this once." he says huskily.

I look at his stance, his posture, and his hand placements on the gun. I was always good at analyzing people, but Four was hard. He was foreign to me. I couldn't put my finger on it, but he was different. After he fires the gun, I hear a loud bang and Emily covers her ears. She has got to get used to loud sounds, when Four was waking us up, I thought she was having a panic attack.

"Now it's your turn." he smiles.

I turn to my target and try to copy his stance. I straddle my feet, and hold my gun in front of me. Four walks over to help me on my stance.

"You need to bend your elbows, otherwise you can hurt them." he takes his hand and bends my elbows. "Same with your knees."

I bend my knees slightly, my hand shaking. I take a deep breath, and I feel Four touch the small of my back, sending a sensation down my back.

"Take a deep breath." he says.

I follow his instructions and I fire, hitting the target on the edge. I was the first to hit it. I smile.

"Thanks."

He ignores me and moves on to help Amy. I was just trying to be nice, I thought.

I fire my gun a couple more times, getting closer and closer to the middle. On my third round I hit the dead center. I smile at my achievement, and look over to Eric yelling at Emily.

"Do I need to move you closer to the target?" he yells angrily.

"No." she snaps.

"Go stand in front of the target." Eric commands.

She looks to him in disgust and walks in front of the target.

"Eric is this really-" Four says his voice deep with worry.

"Yes, it is." Eric retorts.

He looks to me. "Rose, since your the best shot here, how about you help me?"

I glare at him, he knows that I am not the best shot. He knows.

I walk over and look straight at Emily. Fear in her eyes.

"I'm sorry." I mouth.

I hold out my hand, I did what Four told me. I bend my knees and elbows. I take a deep breath, my hands shaking in panic. I fire, hitting the edge of the target.

"Come, on. You can get closer that that." Eric chuckles.

I repeat the steps in my head, bend, breath, shoot. I fire once again, but this time I don't hit the target. I hit Emily in the shoulder. I hit her.

She gasps in pain and I take a step back. I actually hit her.

In shock I stand and look, blood seeping through her clothes. Four runs over and steers me into a corner, I don't resist.

I say nothing, as I look into his ocean blue eyes.

"It's not you fault." he whispers.

I say nothing, I am too shocked to speak.

I look down, my heart is pounding.

"Rose, you're so pale, are you okay?" Four says lifting my chin.

I still say nothing.

"Rose?"

I hear people take Emily to the infirmary. I hear her groaning in pain. I caused her the pain.

"Eric!" I hear Four shout.

"What?" I hear Eric yell back.

"There's something wrong with Rose." Four stresses.

I hear Eric's loud footsteps echo through the room. All I can do is here, I noticed that I closed my eyes. I open them and see Eric standing in front of me, all I wanted to do was sit down. Relax and sleep. All my energy was drained, all of it disappeared. I hear Eric say something along the lines, "We need to get her to the infirmary, she's gone into shock."

I feel the tug of someone leading me down a hallway, my feet echoing through the corridors. I feel nothing when they set me on the hospital bed. I lie down, unfazed by anything that has happened. I relax all my muscles and fall into a deep sleep.

"Rose?" I hear a familiar voice cold voice say.

I slowly flutter my eyes open to see Four and Eric standing beside my bed. I was wrapped in blankets, I find the warmth comforting.

"Thank god you're alright!" I hear a cheerful voice say.

I look over on the other side of my bed to see Emily, her arm in a sling.

"Emily!" I smile, my voice raspy and deep with sleep. "Are you alright?"

"I should be asking you! You were the one who went into shock, not me!" she smiles.

"How are you?" I hear Four say.

"I feel better." I say shrugging.

I look down, I've never experienced anything like that. It felt like my whole body shut down.

"When can I get out?" I ask, I wanted out of this hospital bed more than anything.

"Today, but you need to take it easy." Four says.

I hear a grumbling come from my stomach, I was starving.

"Here's lunch." Eric gives me a small smile and hands me a tray.

After I eat my food, I slowly start to get up. I gather my thoughts and follow Eric and Four back to the training room.

"Do you think your gonna be able to train?" Eric asks, walking along my side.

I say nothing to him, anger taking over.

"Look, I'm sorry." Eric stops and I turn to face him.

"Maybe if you weren't such a monster, I wouldn't have been in hospital!" I shout, my anger spilling over. "Emily wouldn't have a bullet in her shoulder, we would all be in training right now!"

I stomp away, knowing I had touched a nerve.

"Rose! I know you don't mean that!" Eric yells back.

"I mean every. Single. Word." I say.

Four walks after me, and puts a hand on my shoulder.

"Not now, Four." I grit my teeth.

He puts his hand in his pocket and continues to follow me to the training room. As we reach the training room everyone goes quiet. They all stare at Four and I.

"Did I tell you to stop?" Four scowls.

They all continue to punch the bags hanging up.

"Here, I'll show you what to do." Four says, leading us towards a punching bag.

He shows me ways to punch and how to defend myself. I practice on my bag and Four critiques me along the way. Sooner, I start to get better.

When Eric walks into the room, no one stopped to look.

"First and last jumper in the ring!" Eric shouts.