chapter one

the arrival

the arrival

as i walk up the broken, worn out stairs of the milkovich residence, i let out a sigh of relief & nervousness.

its been two years since i seen anyone from southside, my cousins, my bestfriend, ect. i knock on the door, as i heard a loud grunt.

"who is it?" i heard a guy say, as i realised it was mickey; my absolute favourite cousin. i kept quiet & hid behind the wall, next to the front door.

"for fuck sake, i said who fucking is it!" mickey screams as slams the door open, i notice a baseball bat in his right hand.

"mickey!" i scream as he attempts to hit my head with the bat. i quickly duck, as the bat diverts into the milkovichs front wall.

"holy shit liliyah?" he says, noticing who i was. he drops the bat & pulls me in for a tight hug, i hug him back as i smile at my cousins affection. mickey isn't the type of guy for affection.

"i miss you so much!" i say, as he continues hugging me.

"y-you look great!" he says, as he pulls me inside.

"where is everyone?" i say as mickey clears his throat.

"mandy! get your skank ass out here! i got something for you!" mickey screams at his younger sister. mandy is definitely one of a kind, very skanky, but has such a big heart, unless you piss her off.

"what do you want mick-" she screams, as he mouth drops open as she sees me.

"no fucking way!" she says, running up to me & hugging me.

"dont ever leave me with my brothers again!" she says as i frown. it wasn't her brothers that were the problem, it was her pig of a father & my uncle.

"wheres terry?" i ask, as mandys eyes fade to the floor.

"jail" mickey sneers as i snort. of course he was.

"not suprised" i spit as mickey laughs.

"what are you doing tomorrow?" mandy says & i frown.

"school, i need to go regularly or ill get sent back" i say as mickey pulls a confused face.

"what the fuck? thats fucking stupid" mickey says, as i roll my eyes.