Chapter 9: Seperation

(Sapphire's POV)

Ruby takes me up in her arms and sprints up the stairs, while I giggle like a school girl. She races up the spiral staircase and arrives at the hallway in a heroic pose.

This hero is now punched back down the stairs by my father.

"Padre! Why did you just punch my girlfriend down the stairs?!"

"Because she hurt your feelings, and as your padre I am responsible for making you feel better, as well as knocking down any emotional obstacles!" he says proudly.

"But we just made up!"

"I don't care, Sapphire! She hurt you, what if she does that again? I couldn't stand seeing you like that!"

"It was just a big misunderstanding! It was all my fault-"

"You're the princess of one great country, and another decent one. Nothing is your fault."

He is really starting to get on my nerves now.

"I am my own gem! I can make my own decisions, I am independent, I can get through my problems all on my own!"

"But you don't have to-"

"I wan't to!"

"Well, your opinion isn't valid here. Ruby?"

Just as my father states this, Ruby arrives once more at the top of the stairs.

"For breaking my daughter's heart, for hurting the princess of this land and Sapphiero, you  are forbidden to be with in half a mile of her. Do you understand?"

Ruby looks shocked, and turns to me. At this point I can't do anything, my opinion isn't valid. So I just stand there.

"Yes...I understand."

"You have 40 seconds to get out of my sight, do you understand?"

Ruby is frozen to the spot, just as I am.

"Did you not here me? Salir! Leave!"

And she does. Ruby races down the hallway and out of sight like a bullet.

"You are a horrible excuse for a father! I hate you!"

And with that, I run back down to the shower room, like the pathetic little girl I am.