Classes

Leo's P.O.V

I walk down the halls and see Piper, Jason, Frank, Reyna and Thalia. I smile as I head over to them. Jason smiles and high fives me and Thalia smirks as she heads off to her other gang of friends. "So, what do you guy's have first?" Reyna asks. "English...we all do" Me and Piper say. I smirk when Frank rolls his eyes and Piper just smiles. I shake my head and head to English. I sit at the back with Jason and see a teacher. "Today I am setting out a homework for the rest of the term" She says. Damn that's like two months. "I expect it to be of high quality and to be the best, I will be levelling this" She says. Ugh why me? "I have put you into partners for this project" She says and she rambles on about the pairs until I hear my name.

"Mr Valdez, you will work with Mr Di Angelo" The teacher says and I turn to the corner of the room to see a goth boy who is busy drawing. He really does blend into the shadows. "Good luck with the emo kid Leo!" Connor stoll yells. "Mr Stoll, you are working with Miss Chase" The teacher says. Oh shit, Percy's girlfriend. "Stoll, did you just call Nico?" Annabeth asks. She grabs a dictionary and whacks him on the head with it. Percy begins to laugh along with Hazel, Bianca and Will. I see Nico looking at me and quickly turning away. Oh gods...Calypso looks pissed she isn't paired with me. Gods she can be so...frustrating sometimes. I sit down next to Nico while the teacher gets supplies, and the kid had stopped drawing.

"Uh...hey, I'm Leo" I say to him. Why did I say that? He looks over to me, looking kinda shocked. "Oh...hi, I'm Nico" He says, his dark brown eyes looking straight at me, his left eye covered by his hair. Wow...this kid must get all the girls. I smile and look around. "So, Nico...what was you drawing?" I ask and he looks down. "Nothing really, it wasn't great" He says. "Heck, anything is great when it comes to art, you just need another critic" I say. The teacher comes back.
"The project as I said will take all the term and will be based off a book of your pairs choosing, you must explain the book, the plot and all the characters back stories in full detail...you must be able to present it to the class and this will go towards 50% of your grades this year" the teacher says and passes us all a sheet.
"So, this lesson will be you and your partner picking a story and deciding all about this project" the teacher says and goes and sits down at her desk.

I see Calypso glaring at Nico and see many kids whispering about him. He seems to notice these things but never says anything. "So, do you know any books we could do for this project?" I ask him.
"Yeah...a couple" he says. We talk a bit more and soon the bell goes. "Hey...because we have to work on this, do you wanna meet after school to show me this book? Then I can read it and see what we can do for homework?" I ask. Nico looks surprised. "You...you want to hang out after school?" He asks and I nod. "Ok...where do you wanna meet?" He asks. "Umm...what class do you have last?" I ask and we decide to meet outside the drama department.

I smile and head off to meet up with Jason...watching Nico heading off somewhere. I sigh and see Jason with Percy...the kings of the school. As I begin to walk over to Jason I hear an angry yell. "VALDEZ!" Calypso yells.
"Hey...Callie" I say...here we go again.
"What the hell! I waited at class and you walked past me, talking to that emo freak" Calypso says. "He isn't a freak Calypso, he is an ok guy" I say and everyone turns and stares at me.
"What? You mean that kid is actually ok? Did your brain go missing" Connor Stoll yells. Annabeth smacks him in the face and I glare at him. "You better not ditch me to do that stupid project with that weirdo" Calypso says. I see Nico and Will looking at me, Nico looking upset again...gods I want to hug him.
"I can do whatever I want Calypso...and to be honest with you I would rather do homework than hang around with you when you make fun of everyone and hurt people's feelings...now if you don't mind I have a friend to hang around with" I say and walk over to Nico.
"You coming?" I ask and he nods. We grab our stuff and head out towards the back of school. "Where do you want to go?" I ask and he drags me to a small spot at the back of school. We sit down.
"T-thanks" Nico says, looking at the ground. I smile. "It's ok, that's what friends are for" I say. "So, emo huh?" I ask and he sighs. "Just the way I dress, and my music taste...that's it" he says.
"To be honest, emo suits you...but smiley emo" I say and he smiles.