Courage and doubts

Nico's P.O.V

I head around to Leo's again, and just head in. His mum has been so nice to me and so has his dad. I love being here and being myself. At home I have to stay silent, and alone. My mum would never understand and my dad wouldn't listen. My dad's always busy at work anyway. I only put up with it for my sisters sake but they've had enough too. I can't stand it at mine.

I hang around with Leo. The door bell rings and I hear a clicking of heels and see Calypso and Leo's mum at the door. Leo's mum rolls her eyes at me and sticks her tongue out at Calypso and I smile and hold back a laugh. "Leo!" Calypso yells. Leo looks bored.
"Get away from that boyfriend stealing emo freak and let's go" Calypso says.
I watch as Leo glares at Calypso.
"Like hell, go cheat on someone else with Connor Stoll...I'm not dealing with your shit anymore" Leo says.
"Leo Valdez! We do not use that language in this house!" Leo's mum says. Leo looks so guilty. "Sorry mum, but I'm not dealing with you anymore Calypso" Leo says and Calypso storms off. Leo's mum sighs.
"I never knew what you saw in that girl anyway" Leo's mum says and heads off.
"Glad you'll never have to deal with that huh?" Leo asks and I laugh.
"You shouldn't have to go and deal with it either" I say and Leo sighs.

I head home and see Bianca looking worried. I see Calypso talking to my mum and my eyes widen. Bianca and Hazel sneak me inside and help me pack up my things. "Nico...I hope she will change...but if not then you aren't going alone" Hazel says. I hug her and Bianca smiles. "It's not even a problem...so what you like someone who is a guy, it's still love at the end of the day" Bianca says and I hug them both. I brace myself for the worst and I see Bianca and Hazel with suitcases too. "Don't, just because I'm different doesn't mean you have to suffer" I say.
"We'll be better off without them, you're our family Nico, and if they can't accept you as family then they can't accept us" Bianca says and we head downstairs and I see Bianca's friends from school and I see Frank's car outside. I see my mum looking at me horrified. I feel the tears threatening to fall but I hold them back...maybe she'll accept me, maybe dad will accept me and let me stay. I take a deep breath and smile. I say those two words I've wanted to say my whole life without being scared...and now I'm not worried anymore, I'm being me and I say the words "I'm gay".