Leo's family

Nico's P.O.V

I head with Leo towards a large workshop. Didn't he say something about his dad? Leo smiles as he opens the door for me. I head in and thank him as I look around at all the machines, nuts and bolts litter the floor and grease covered most surfaces, no wonder Leo is always covered in grease and oil. I see a large muscular man in the corner, he looks nothing like Leo at all. "Hey dad!" Leo says and the man grunts. Leo shrugs and drags me over to the man. "Dad, this is Nico" Leo says. The man looks at me and sticks out his hand. I shake his hand and the man pulls a goofy grin like the one Leo always has. "Hope my son hasn't scared you enough" the man says and chuckles. "Your mum wants you" the man says, turning back to his machine.

Leo grabs my hand and pulls me through machines and towards a large door. Leo opens it and heads in.
"MUM I'M HOME WITH NICO!" Leo yells and a Hispanic woman comes out. She looks so pretty, and so much like Leo. "Oh, so this is Nico!" The woman says, her smile so warm and inviting...washing away all my anxiety.
"Well, make yourself at home Nico...do you boys wanna head up to Leo's room and do your project? I'll call when the pizzas come" the woman says and Leo kisses her on the cheek before racing up the stairs. The woman rolls her eyes and heads into the kitchen. I head up after Leo, making sure not to trip or humiliate myself in front of him.
He opens the door to his room and smiles. It's red with blueprints, photos of his friends and family covering most of the walls.

"So...where do we start?" Leo asks.
We mainly talk about work, going and getting photos and setting out jobs.
I was in charge of what goes where while Leo did all the PowerPoint and did all the technology based work.
We had nearly gotten half way through the project when I heard Leo's mum yelling out names. We head down and Leo pats the chair next to him for me to sit on.
"So, how's Will?" Leo asks.
"Annoying...too sunny and worrying" I say. "How is Calypso?" I ask and Leo shrugs. "I honestly don't want to be near her anymore, with all the yelling" Leo says and I nod.
"Any girl drama with you?" Leo asks.
"No" I say. Leo looks shocked.
"Really!" Leo asks and I nod.
I remember telling Percy and Jason my secret, I don't want Leo to hate me but I maybe should tell him.
Not now, later Nico...maybe find out his opinion on the subject before telling him. "So...how long have you got left?" Leo asks. "My sister is picking me up at six" I say and Leo puts on his usual smirk. "So...how much work have you guys got left?" Leo's mum asks.
"Umm, how much?" Leo asks.
"We have to do at least four more slides, and then make it look ok, and then maybe run it through to see if it works and then add stuff to it if we have time" I say.
"Ugh, the work!" Leo says.
"AT LEAST AS SOON AS YOUR DONE NICO CAN NOT DEAL WITH YOUR BAD JOKES!" Leo's dad yells with a laugh. "NOT AS BAD AS YOURS!" Leo yells. "LIKE FATHER LIKE SON YOU DOOF" Leo's dad yells and Leo's mum rolls her eyes. "Go on and get some more work done" Leo's mum says and we head upstairs again.

"Hey, Nico you can chill a while...the project isn't due until next month" he says. "I know...I just wanna get it done in time, this is important to our grades" I say and Leo smiles. "Are you really bothered about grades?" Leo asks and I nod. "Especially English and Art" I say and Leo lies back on his bed, watching the ceiling. "Oh, like me with Engineering, Construction and Maths" Leo says. I sit on his bed and Leo has a goofy grin on...making my heart begin to beat faster in my chest.
"Well...we have half an hour left. Wanna do work or talk?" Leo asks.
"Talk" I say immediately...my mouth moving on it's own with no filter.

"Well...do you have a girlfriend?" Leo asks. This again...oh gods. "No" I mutter and he looks confused.
"Really? Do you have a boyfriend?" Leo asks. "Nope...I'm single" I say and his phone goes off. He looks at me and mouths the words sorry as he picks up the phone and puts it on speaker.
"LEO VALDEZ!" I hear Calypso yell.
"YOU ARE WALKING ON A VERY THIN LINE...AND I MEAN IT LEO!" She screams. "May I?" I whisper and Leo nods. I pick up the phone and all you can hear is Calypso yelling.
"This is Nico Di Angelo, sorry but Leo is not available at this moment in time...please keep your yelling to a minimum and please leave a message never" I say. Leo begins to laugh as the yelling stops.
"Nico Di Angelo, I swear down if you even try to make a move on my boyfriend, we all know that you're gay...and I'll leave when I get Leo back" Calypso yells. Leo's eyes widen and he looks at me, oh gods he's homophobic isn't he? I pass him back his phone and he hangs up.

"Nico...are you" he was cut off with his mum yelling my name, saying that my sister was here.
I walk down the stairs and thank Leo's mum for having me and leave with my sister. He may never speak to me again, and if dad finds out...or my sisters then I'm literally a dead man walking.
Why did Calypso have to open her mouth? Why couldn't she have just left me alone? Now Leo will think I was flirting with him, and even though I thought about me and him together it doesn't mean that I'm going to date him! Ugh...life is such a pain.