End of the project

Leo's P.O.V

We sit in English and today is the day, the deadline. We handed in our project on a memory stick. Nico doesn't seem to notice anyone and is acting distant. I sit and mess around in class after class. I can't focus...I need to know what's wrong. I see Percy and Annabeth sat with Jason and Piper. They all look worried and see me and I sit with them. "Hey...you guys haven't seen Nico? I can't find him anywhere" I say and Annabeth sighs and looks at Percy who pulls out his phone and passes it to me. "He said he was sorry" Percy says and I pick up the phone to see text messages. I begin to read them and I begin to worry and think about what it all means.

Nico: Hey...

Percy: Hey ghost king, whats up?

Nico: I kinda...I just wanted to say sorry for everything...and that can you tell Leo

Percy: Tell Leo what?

Nico: Nevermind, I'll tell him myself 

Percy: U sure Ur ok? 

Nico: Yeah...I'll be fine

Percy: Do U like Leo?

Nico: ???

Percy: Like Love

Nico: ...Yes...

Percy: YES! 

Percy: Ghost king??

Percy: Hello??

I feel my heart begin to race. "How long ago was that?" I ask. Percy takes back his phone. "Twenty minutes, we were waiting for you before we did anything" Jason says. I get up. "Come on Pickachu, lets get in your car...I have an idea" I say and I run. I sit in the car and I start to feel worried. My phone rings and it's my mum. I put it on speaker. "LEO VALDEZ! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" my mum yells. I sigh. "I'm finding Nico" I say and she sounds like she has been crying. She sobs. "Nico has gone Leo...he has took everything and left a note for us...he loves you but he can't take heartbreak so he has ran away. FIND THAT BOY OR ELSE I WILL MAKE YOU SLEEP OUTSIDE" My mum says and hangs up. They all look at me and I sigh. "Jason, look around with Piper, Annabeth and Percy think of places he could be, I'll contact people" I say and try to call Nico and it hangs up. I look out of the window and feel my heart breaking...I should have told him sooner! Percy looks upset. "He might have thought you wouldn't want anything to do with him after the project" Percy says and I sigh. Piper looks out of the windows. Annabeth keeps trying to call people. "Do you feel the same way Leo?" Percy asks. I sigh. "I've never...properly liked a guy before apart from Nico" I say and I get a call. "Oh Leo! Wanna ditch emo freak and have some fun?" Calypso's high pitched bitch voice says. "Fuck off" I say and hang up. I can't deal with her. We drive around more. "Leo...we need to stop to eat and get gas" Piper says. I sigh. "I'm not stopping...you wanna stop and give up then you do that" I say and open the car door and jump out. "LEO GET BACK HERE! LEO!" Jason yells and I begin to run. I need to find Nico. I can't give up.