Descriptive Language

Descriptive language is a major important part of writing.  If I wrote a story of Wattpad with no descriptive language, it would be pretty boring.  For example, read story 1 and two below, and in the comments, tell me which was better.

Story 1- My heart broke. I am sad that she has to go to England. I'm sure she will feel the same, she is my best friend. She turned back to look at me once more and she looked sad. I started crying. So she smiled at me. I felt better but I'm still sad. Then she stepped on the plane.

Story 2- I feel my heart slowly breaking with the intensity of the pain.  I am absolutely heartbroken that she is leaving for England.  I am sure she is heartbroken too.  She is my best friend but more like a sister to me.  She glances back at me once more before she stepping onto the plane as I see her eyes burning red from sobbing. I feel my eyes fill with immense sadness as a single tear drop descends down my check as when I blink.  She forces a sad smile as she cries.  I feel happier to see her smiling although I am still aware of the fact that my other half is leaving my side forever.  She then steps onto the plane, with a last wave goodbye.

If you chose number 2 good job!  Number one was a terrible version of number 2 and do you know why?  Because number two included descriptive language and more detail!

So instead of saying the brown dog, you would say the small brown dog.  Just by me adding the word small makes a huge difference of which sounds better. 

Here are some adjectives you can use!

Small
Big
Tall
Short
Happy
Joyful
Friendly
Feisty
Sassy
Rude
Angry
Adorable
Coloured
Sad
Lonely
Upset
Beautiful
Gorgeous
Handsome
Pretty
Annoying
Weird
Crazy
Lazy
Troublesome
Chubby
Skinny
Vibrant
Mopey
Negative
Positive
Prickly
Smooth
Rough
Steady

So all in all, descriptive language and using adjectives really helps to bring out the best in your writing.