Chapter 3

Demi

I hadn't heard the name Olivia Culpo, in a very long time. The last time I heard it, was when I happened to be watching one of the entertainment news programs & she was covering a red carpet. That was a few years back, so hearing her name now, made my blood run cold. She was the one ex, of Nick's, that I actually detested. I never trusted her when they were together & I never tried to hide my distaste for her.

Nick was waiting for me to answer his question, with a smug expression on his face. He crossed his arms, looking like he was vindicated, at this very moment, just because Olivia was a part of this company who wanted our daughter to model. I rolled my eyes & looked away, trying to figure out how I wanted to handle this. I didn't want my hatred for someone to keep Lyric from modeling, if it was something she truly wanted to do. On the other hand, I wasn't sure I wanted Lyric to hang around Olivia, too much. I sighed before looking back at Nick to answer him. "If Lyric wants to model, then I will have to accept the fact that she will be around Olivia. I think we should discuss it with her & let her decide."

Now, it was Nick's turn to roll his eyes. "Fine. We'll ask Lyric tonight." He looked at Phil. "One of us will call you tomorrow & let you know what she wants to do."

"Sounds good." Phil replied, with a nod of his head. "I'll wait to email them until tomorrow then." He smiled at me & Nick, then turned to leave the office.

I started to walk toward the door, still feeling a little anger toward Nick. "You're still mad at me, aren't you?" Nick asked, in a slight mumble.

I opened the door & held it, while I waited for him to catch up. "I told you I was pissed & I'd need time to cool off. Let's just go get the kids & grab some dinner."

"I don't know why you're so angry." He muttered as he walked past me. I closed the door behind me & followed Nick out to the car. He didn't wait for me or hold any door as he made his way to the car. I guess he didn't feel like I deserved his gentleman side since I was mad at him. It pissed me off that he was trying to turn this around & be mad at me, so I decided to get back at him.

As Nick went through the glass door that led to the parking garage we were parked in, he, once again, didn't hold the door. I hit the door, with my foot, on purpose & yelled out like the door hit me hard. "Dammit, Nick." I screamed out, my hand on my face like that's where I got hit. Nick turned around & the look on his face made me want to laugh.

"Shit. I'm sorry, Demi." Nick came running over to me. "What hurts?" He asked, his voice shaking with worry.

 I shook my head, then I couldn't contain my laughter

I shook my head, then I couldn't contain my laughter. I took my hand away from my face & flashed him a huge smile. "Gotcha. That was a little lesson on why you shouldn't be a dick to me, when I'm mad at you!" I pushed my finger into his chest, then sauntered off, toward our car. I leaned on the car, waiting for Nick to press the button to unlock it & when he did, I got in.