Chapter 4

Nick

After I saw that Olivia was being professional with Lyric, I was relieved, but Olivia started teasing me & Lyric was finding it amusing. I knew Olivia was flirting, but it's what she does. What she's always done. She flirted with other men in front of me, while we were dating. After a few fights, I realized it was just her personality & I got used to it. Now, I was on the other end & when I saw Demi, I tried to act innocent but she must not have been convinced since she turned around & left the room, looking a little annoyed.

I sighed as I leaned away from Olivia's hands & stood up. "I'm gonna let you two get back to work."

"Yea, Dad. You should let Olivia finish my makeup." Lyric smirked.

"Not too much makeup." I pointed my finger in her direction, then winked at her.

Olivia rolled her eyes as she walked to stand beside Lyric's chair again. "It's a photo shoot, Nick so she needs makeup but I promise it will be tasteful."

"Just don't make her look too old, please."

"I'll do my best." Olivia assured me as she grabbed a brush to put some makeup on Lyric's eyelids.

I left the room & saw Demi standing nearby, looking out a window. She looked upset, but she wasn't crying. As I got closer, I saw that she was trying not to cry & I put my hand on her back. "You mad at me?" I asked in a whisper.

"Yes." She drew out her 'S' as if she was making a point. Her head turned so she could glare at me then she moved to sit in a chair & picked up a magazine.

"Why? I wasn't doing anything wrong

"Why? I wasn't doing anything wrong."

"She was touching you."

I let out a chuckle, to which Demi glared at me so I cleared my throat. She was adorable when she was being jealous for no reason at all. "So, no one is allowed to touch me, huh? Like ever? Is that just for ex girlfriends or is that rule for everyone?" I leaned on the window as I watched her with a tiny smirk on my face.

Demi slammed the magazine on the table. "You're not cute."

"But you are. Especially when you're being jealous."

She rolled her eyes & I smiled even bigger at her. "I'm not jealous."

"Then what do you call it?"

Demi opened her mouth but nothing came out. She looked like she was caught doing something & didn't have an explanation. She stood up & faced me, her eyes narrowed. "I never liked her. You know this. You were acting like you didn't mind her touching you & Lyric was laughing at her. I didn't like that."

I smiled with my lips together. "That's called jealousy, my love."

"