3

"I'm Happy For Her" Vegas Said As We Chilled In My Office. We We're Talking About Ideas For The New Nike Print Ad That The Wanted To Be Posted On Billboards And Bus Stops Like That. I Was What Most People Say Around Here , The ' Ad Man'. I Work At A Advertising Company And I Love It , Pays Well And Being The Creative Person I Am It Comes Slightly Easy For Me.

"Nigga , You Supposed To Be On My Side" I Said

He Took His Glasses Off To Clean Them " What Side Is That?"

Vegas Was A Guy That I've Known For A Longtime. When I Told Him I Was Leaving Our Old Company In New York He Packed His Shit Too. In The Advertising World Its Not A lot Of Us ' Blacks' And He Didn't Want To Be Left With The Rest Of Them. As For My Other Close Friend Ty Ty He's In The Drug Dealing Business And Is Always Traveling Around. He Has A House In Miami , L.A , Mexico And Hawaii So Seeing Him Wasn't No Problem. I Used To Sell Drugs As Well But I Quickly Got Out Of That Business When I Was Knocked Into Reality...Bey Was The Person To Knock Me Into Reality. She Wasn't Down With The Drug Life So It Was Her Or The Drugs And I Chose Her.

A Part Of Me Thinks I Should Have Never Chose Her But Then I Wouldn't Have Had My Kids. Another Part Of Me Thinks I Was Good To Chose Her Since I'm Not Dead Or Something.

"The Side Of Not Being Happy For Her The Fuck " I Said Twisting Up My Face.

"But Your The One That Let Her Go Jay"

I Let Out A Sigh , It Was True. Our Divorce Took A Toll On Us , Our Health Just Everything. Beyoncé Had Filed For Divorced....

Flashback

"I Can't Do This Anymore " Bey Said , Her Eyes Filled With Red. I Know It Was Filled With More Than Red , It Was Stress , Anger And Sadness.

"Do What?" I Said Setting My Keys Down.

"You Fucking Other Bitches?" She Asked As A Tear Escaped Her Eye. I Hated To See Her Cry.

I Looked Down "Where This Even Coming From?"

"Your Barely Home Jay , Your Kids Go To Bed Not Seeing Their Dad Except In The Mornings...Don't You Care About Your Kids?" She Asked Softly

"I'm Not Talking About This Shit Right Now " I Said Going To The Fridge.

"And Why Not? This Is The Only Time W Can Talk Shawn" She Said , She Always Called Me By My Government Name When She Was Mad At Me.

"Because I Just Fucking Got Home , I'm Not In The Mood To Argue Man" I Said Trying Not To Yell. It Was Friday And Corey Had A Game In The Morning.

"Well Here" She Said Slamming Down Something. I Turned To See It Was Divorce Papers.

I Chuckled Shaking My Head "You Think This Shit Is Funny?"

I Opened The Beer And Turned To Her "Im Working My Ass Off So I Can Provide For My Family Since Yo Two Cents Ain't Cutting It" I Said

She Whipped Her Face "Wow Okay , Well There's A Blanket And Pillow On The Couch...I Can't Do This Anymore There's No Love...No Spending Quality And I Think Your Lying To Me So Just Sign Them" She Simply Said Shaking Her Head Getting Up To Leave.

End Of Flashback

"She's The One That Filed " I Said Correcting Him

"But You Could Have Worked It Out Man , Now Beys Moved On And Found Someone That Will Give Her The Attention She Needs" Vegas Explained

I Looked Down At My Fingers "And Now Seeing Her Move On Is Making You Feel Like A Bitch...You Miss Her And Its Understandable...But She's Over You Man"