Annoying | dazai

"Dazai! Why can you never be serious?" You hissed at your coworker, who was hugging you from behind with his long arms wrapped around your slender waist.

"But Y/n! You're the most gorgeous girl I have ever seen! Please commit double-suicide with me!" He whined, yes, it was known that ever since Ranpo found and made you join the agency.

"Dazai! Stop messing around!" You huffed in annoyance, Dazai always found some way to slack off of work to do these sort of things as you attempted to pry his arms off of you.

"Y/n-chan! Just let me commit a double suicide with you!" He sniffled, obviously somewhat hurt by the fact that you were trying so hard to get him off of you.

"Dazai, get off of me already!" You whined, still trying to squirm out of his grasp, but since you were so small and his grip on you was tight, it was very hard.

"Go do your couple stuff somewhere else!" Ranpo pouted, arms crossed as you two were now the center of attention in the room, it happened nearly once a day, twice if you were lucky enough.

"We're not dating! Now, get off of me Dazai!" You brought the heel of your foot back hard into his shin, making him fall and release you as you turned around to face him, your disappointment evident on your face.

"Y/n-chan! You're so mean!" The brunette cried, while holding onto his probably bruised shin. Honestly, being around him all day was tiring, because yes, you were around him all day. Due to the fact that you were still fairly new, you didn't have an apartment yet and still shared one with Dazai. Kunikida didn't want the risk of you reading his stupid journal and Atsushi was already sharing his apartment with Kyouka. Therefore, you were left with Ranpo or Dazai, and you assumed Ranpo would be childish and make you do everything at his apartment, so you lived with Dazai now. Thankfully, Dazai had an extra bedroom in his apartment.

"Dazai you literally wasted so much time! I'm going home." You groaned in frustration, grabbing your bag and slinging it around your shoulder. Kunikida gave you a sorry expression as you turned around, walking out the door of the agency.

"Y/n! Wait!" You heard his cheerful yet breathy voice yell out from behind you as you were going down the stairs. You honestly didn't want to walk with him, so you quickened your pace just by a little as you were now jogging down the stairs.

He somehow still caught up with you anyways, probably because you were much shorter than him, he was basically a giant.

"Are you mad at me Y/n-chan?" He asked in-between panting for breaths, while you stuck up your chin slightly, huffing as you did so.

"Of course I am! You always do that and it gets in the way of my work! It's so annoying Dazai!" You made your frustrations known, throwing your hands up in the air as well.

"I'm annoying?" He asked, eyes wavering as if he were about to cry as you let out an exhausted sigh

"I just—I need you to stop doing that, okay?" You frowned, you knew he wouldn't ever actually show it, but Dazai never liked to be annoying.

"Whatever Y/n." He murmured, yep, he was deeply affected by the fact that you called him annoying. To say that you didn't feel like the guiltiest person on the face of the earth at this moment would be a lie, because you totally did.

Why? It was because even though Dazai was annoying, and teased the daylights out of you, you still had a crush on him. You were laid back really, but work had been so hard on you recently, you were just stressed out and it bothered you even more that you had to act like you weren't giving in to his suggestive comments everyday.

"Dazai." You stopped walking, you were in front of the apartment complex, as he reluctantly stopped, facing towards you with a stoic expression. It wasn't often he looked like this, you never had seen him like this either way.

"What?" He asked, clicking his tongue as he just wanted to go home already, hurt by your words. You looked up at him and took a calming breath before smashing your lips into his, taking the lanky detective by surprise.

You stayed there until you needed to part for air, panting silently along with him as you both caught your breath. "I-I only said you were annoying because I was too scared to tell you that I love you!" You confessed to him, your arms at your side as you lowered your head, awaiting his reaction.

After a few seconds of silence, you looked up to see him and he started giggling like a child. "You're so cute Y/n-chan!" He cooed as he pulled you into his strong embrace, "C'mon let's go inside." He had his arms around your waist now, leading you inside the apartment as he left you in the living room, him going to prepare dinner.

You sat there in silence, were you two dating? He did have the same feelings, right? You were lost in your thoughts for so long, Dazai had finished cooking some simple fried rice and had to snap you out of your daze to eat with him.

"Say, Dazai, you never really told me if you like me too...." You trailed off, picking at your rice with your chopsticks.

"Of course Y/n-chan! I love you too!" Dazai chimed, "Does this mean that you're my girlfriend now?" He asked, a sky smirk on his face as yours turned a deep shade of red.

"I-I guess so." You mumbled, shoving more rice into your mouth as he sighed in content.

It was silent for a few more minutes until he cleared his throat, making you look up at him again.

"Since we're dating now, does this mean you'll commit double-suicide with me?" Dazai beamed, swooning over the thought.

"O-Ow! Did you seriously just throw your chopsticks at my head? Y/n-chan! You're so mean!" The male rubbed the side of his head where you threw your chopsticks, you were still a deep shade of red in front of the pouting male.

"D-Don't be stupid then!"