Guide | dazai

Even in the darkest of nights, you will one day be able to see that silhouette. He is no light, nor should he be mistaken as one, but he will guide you.

In some way or another, he will also end up saving you.

You had found your silhouette, but that was long ago. Now you were alone, like an abandoned puppy needing to find its way. Though, you would never let it show. At least, not in front of any of your subordinates.

He left you, He didn't even tell you. He simply vanished, you had found your saving grace and then he fell off the face of the earth.

Dazai Osamu.

A man of many words, though little of them have any real meaning. He was your gentle touch after a harsh bruising, your sweet reward after a reality check. You grew to love him.

But he didn't love you, because he left, right?

"L/n, it seems the agency has a new detective, I've decided to put you in charge of checking it out." Morí tells you as you nod, having to wake yourself from your never-ending thoughts about the brunette man.

You nod and turn on your heel, exiting the room as your cloudy mind has taken control, meaning you wouldn't do your job appropriately. You exit the Port Mafia building, walking out into a brisk autumn, wearing a white t-shirt with rolled up blue jeans and black flats. Nobody would ever suspect you to be in such a scary organization such as the mafia. The wind picks up your hair, letting it blow in the direction of the current as you continue along. It was an agonizing walk to the Agency.

While your hair was blowing, partially obscuring your vision, you thought you saw something white float along into an alleyway, you follow it with no second thought.

A bandage wrap, is what was tangled in a piled mess on the ground. They oddly reminded you of his, the way he covered himself from his imperfections in fear of people being scared of him, which was odd for the sadist he was. You reached down and picked up the mass, with its rough texture to examine it for any signs of belonging to him.

"I see you have retrieved my bandages!" A lighthearted voice calls out to you from behind, one that made you freeze as you gripped the loose bandages in your hands. Your knuckles were quickly turning the shade of white as the loose fabric was clenched tightly in your hand. There was no way in hell that after all these years, he was here. Two years.

"Miss? Are you alright?" The voice was coming closer, his footsteps becoming louder with each passing second.

"I'm from the detective agency, are you okay?" He asked, now you could almost feel his breath sending shivers down your spine.

"I'm fine." You turn around, slamming the bandages into him, earning a surprised coughing fit from the man. It was enough to throw him off guard as you took off, jogging out of the alleyway to get wherever you could away from him.

Unfortunately, when you turned the corner you ran into a man's chest, knocking the two of you over and you scraping your knee while he pushed you off of him.

"My ideal book! You could have damaged it!" You hard him hiss at you while he pushed his glasses up on his nose, inspecting you before his eyes landed on your knees, the jeans had torn and it was a bloody mess. "Oh, let me take you back to the office." He offers as you back away from him.

"N-No! I'm good!" You hurriedly say as you get back up on your feet and turn to leave, but somebody else's hand rests on your shoulder.

"Such a pretty lady mustn't be walking about injured, come on, it's the least we can do since it was caused by me scaring you." Dazai's more gentle tone was used, but you couldn't tell if he knew. You had changed a lot in two years and so had he.

"Okay, fine." You murmured as the two men breathed a sigh of relief, glad that you finally agreed as the two of them walked in front of you, leading the way. You prayed that Dazai wouldn't look back. Tears welled in your eyes, this man, who you ultimately had assumed to be dead, was here in front of you. But those tears were hot, they were full of rage. He's alive, which meant he could have contacted you, or at least apologized. Your heart was breaking as you followed your past lover into a building and an elevator, sniffling as you stood beside the two men, looking down.

The led you inside of a waiting-room type area as Dazai sat beside you, the other, Kunikida, went to go get the medical supplies.

"You're scared of me, aren't you?" Dazai whispered softly as he had noticed your inaudible cries, though you had tried your best to cover it up.

You were terrified of him, he broke your heart with no excuse, he abandoned you after you felt you had a home, he damaged you in a way no other had before. It hurt, it hurt so much, it hurt to breathe, it hurt to even feel your pulse as you had just wanted death to take you then. You slowly shake your head, trying to reassure him.

"So, got a boyfriend?" He asked, his voice calmer than a peaceful pond with lily pads resting upon the clear waters. You scoff, shaking your head once more as you could feel his gaze on you turn to curiosity.

"Really? Why? You seem very kind." Dazai reassured you, though by now you knew that he didn't know who you were. You had done well to hide your face from the man. But he needed to know, he needed to see what he had done, he needed to see your suffering.

"He left me." You say blankly, the statement as empty as you had felt, turning to face towards him as his expression turned from one of confusion to one of shock. Your face was damp from tears as he was careful to watch your actions, to admire your features, the ones he once fell in love with before.

"Y/n?"