danger. | dazai

"Dazai....I think it's time to end things." You admitted, tears welling up in your eyes as you made eye contact with his soulless ones. "I-I thought it could work but you're so possessive and ready to settle and I'm just now getting out of college and you're, well, you're dangerous." You stammered with each word, hoping that he wouldn't blow up on you and punch holes into the walls of your living room.

"Dangerous, huh?" Dazai simply scoffed, smirking as he looked around the room before making solid eye contact with you, "I'll show you dangerous."

And with those final words of warning, he marched out of the door and slammed it behind him, if it were any stronger you would have checked for cracks in your wall, but you were left there to your own devices.

Were you sad? Of course, it was hard to say goodbye to somebody you truly loved because you didn't see them in your future, especially with how dangerous he was.

It had been nearly five years since you had ended things, but the memories were still so vivid in your mind. You didn't miss him however, but you felt bad for his disposition, what made him that way?

You asked yourself that every time he crossed your mind, but as of right now, the growl in your stomach overtook your thoughts. You were walking on the street, and stopped to look around. Thankfully, you had stopped right in front of a small cafe that seemed to be nearly empty, though it could be determined from the fact that it was three in the afternoon.

"Well, I suppose I might as well eat here." You sighed to yourself, turning to walk into the cafe.

You had been mistaken however, there was two men sitting in a booth. You made eye contact with the ow facing towards you, with glasses as he pushed them up his nose and you looked away.

"Kunikida-Kun! Whatcha looking at?" You heard a familiar voice as your blood ran icy cold, but you dared not look. "Oh! It's a girl!" He wouldn't know who you were, you weren't facing him and you had cut your long hair to a shorter, collarbone length, clean cut. You wore different clothing, taking to more of a lazy chic look compared to the darker clothing you used to wear when you were in college.

You felt him come up behind you, you knew he was standing there. You were too frozen to move though, you wanted to run away, but your feet betrayed you.

"Excuse me miss!" You heard a chirpy voice that you hadn't been used to, but had heard once upon a blue moon.

He moved in front of you, even though you weren't able to move.

"Y/n!" He smiled happily, grabbing you by your shoulders, bringing you into a huge hug that you didn't accept, but was brought into. He leaned down towards your ear as the chills were sent down your spine once again. "You've returned to me at last." He whispered so lowly in the deep, menacing voice you had known from before.

"Excuse me! I don't know you please let go!" You yelled out as you pushed him off of you, or at least, tried. Until the man who was with Dazai had to come and pry him off of you.

"I'm sorry for Dazai, I'm Kunikida." He formerly introduced himself after pushing Dazai down into the booth, and you admired him, but he was too close to Dazai to ever pursue.

"Y/n, thanks for that." You shrugged, shyly accepting his apology as you nodded quickly, "I have to leave now, goodbye!" You quickly realized your situation once more and waved to Kunikida, who slowly waved back, as if waving was foreign to him before you left quickly.

Your heart hadn't raced this quickly in a while, would he follow you? Would he be at your new apartment tonight? What did he mean by, you "returned" to him?

Your hunger was ceased as your fear overtook you, and you raced home, hoping that your worst nightmare wouldn't follow you there to haunt you.

But with your luck in life, there was a soft knock on your door that night. Your lights were off, showing no sign of being home, but he knew better than that.

"I know you're in there, c'mon sweetie, let me in." He sweetly whispered, could he hear your heartbeat through the door? Maybe he could hear your erratic breathing, as shallow as it was. "Don't be like this sunshine, did you think I wouldn't recognize you? Did you seriously think I'd give up?" He asked, growing more frustrated as he seemed to be speaking through gritted teeth.

You braved yourself and quickly unlocked the door and the deadbolt, opening the entryway as he stood there, like a demon in the dark. You let him into your living room, and he looked around at your new decor.

"You changed your style, in almost all ways." He pointed towards your hair as you shut the door, but didn't dare lock it. "Cut your hair, changed your wardrobe, changed your furnishings." He seemed to compliment you, but that glint was deceptive.

"Thanks." You replied shakily, standing next to the door still, not knowing how to move almost.

"Come here." He patted the spot on the couch next to him, and you hesitated, longer than he would have wished, but you eventually sat next to him.

"Oh I've missed you." He murmurs as he leans in closer, placing his bigger hand to enclose around your thigh, placing his mouth close to your ear. "Tell me, have you missed me?" He whispered into your ear gruffly, but you would fall for it.

"D-Dazai we broke up for a reason." You muttered, looking away and trying to get him off of you.

"What's the fun in that, I said I'd show you dangerous, what's more dangerous than a bad man in disguise? You're mine, and I'm not letting you go off on your own again." He stares you dead in the eyes as you're quiver under his deep, intense stare.

You would never not be his, and you knew this as an overwhelming feeling fell over you. The helplessness in it all made you tear up, but he didn't notice.

He didn't care.