Chapter 8.4: Something Is Wrong

Part 4
I'm So Sorry

Prompto walks down the stairs outside the citadel where a cab awaits him. His steps seemed tense, not energized. Noct saw that, as he watched Prompto get into the cab that then drove out of the citadel until it was out of plain view.

Noct put his hands on his pockets and turned around to go back to the palace.

That kid sure knows how to worry someone.

Phone rings

"Hello......Luna..hey............morning to you too.........no.....yeah I could comment on it this evening......yeah......have dinner with Regis today.....haha......no I am good...how you been?.."

10:30am

Prompto layed his house keys and backpack in the table. He was not hungry to his amusement but he was really torn. He felt sad. Something he had not felt in a while. Why was he sad? Why was he confused? Why was his heart about explode?

Prompto knew what is was.

Noct.

Prompto went straight to his room, taking off his shoes on the way, holding the walls to keep himself balance as he did. He slowly slipped into bed and hid under the covers and curled up on his side as he covered himself from neck to toe.

Prompto stared at the wall beside him as he thought through his feelings.

...... (sigh)..... What I'm I going to do? Its been only a day and I've broken the rule................I don't want to loose him..........

Prompto curled his body more as it ached in emotional pain. Tears fell down from his eyes, making wet lines down his cheeks. He sobbed quietly as he covered his face with the covers.

......Noct...........I'm so sorry......

He continued to sob.

If only I had never invited you over for a few drinks.......I'm so stupid.......we were friends.......brothers........now........I can't see you that way..................(sigh).....I want you......just you.....(cries quietly).........Why?.......what have I done...........I wish I could just undo things.....why does it hurt so much?..........maybe.........I think.......I should not see him for a while.......yeah thats a good idea...........Noct.......I'm really........I'm so sorry.

Prompto cried until he fell asleep as he dreamed of nothing but darkness.

______________________________________
Ok another short part. Just 373 words not including this ones. No smut here ladies and gentlemen. Haha I can see those faces lol. But yeah. I think we all need a break on the smut for now. I don't want this story to be taken down but smut will be back again soon. Probably in 2 more chapters? I can't keep that promise.

What do think should happen next?

How was this?