Prologue

This is my first fanfic, so criticism is highly appreciated. I will try to fix any errors just point them out.

Regular Speech: "Greninja use Night Slash!"

Thoughts: Not you again

Aura: We need to make this quick!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Greninja is unable to battle, Charizard wins. Which means the victory goes to Alain!

The crowd erupted into cheers as the finals of the Lumiose conference came to a close.

"What am I doing wrong? I was so confident this time around." Ash thought contemplating his mistakes.

Ash was snapped out of his thoughts by Alain waving a hand in front of his face.

"Are you alright? You seem out of it right now."

"I'm fine don't worry about it. Ash said giving Alain a smile

"Alright if you say so."

Later that evening:

All of Ash's Kalos companions were sitting in their room worrying about Ash.

"I hope he knows we aren't disappointed in him because he lost." Serena said with concern.

"Ash should have won!" Bonnie said as she pouted.

"Maybe someone should go talk to him." Clemont suggested

"I'll do it." Serena interjected

Serena walked out of their room and found Ash looking over the Kalos League stadium.

"Ash..." Serena said trying to get his attention.

Ash turned around and his eyes were bloodshot and it looked like he was crying.

"..." Ash didn't reply

"Are you alright"

Ash still said nothing

"You do know that we aren't disappointed in you right."

Ash spoke for the first time "I'm disappointed in myself."

"Why?"

"This is my 6th league loss and I'm tired of getting people's hopes up and failing."

"You didn't fail in my eyes. Your still the strongest trainer I know." Serena replied

"You think that highly of me?"

"Yes I do. Do you want to know the reason why? I'm inspired by you. You never give up and are always so full of life that's why I..I.." Serena exclaimed with passion. Her face was also getting redder with every word.

"I can't do this." Serena thought

"You what?" Ash replied now interested in this conversation.

"Nevermind, forget I said that."

Suddenly Ash threw himself at Serena and started breaking down.

Serena was shocked and started blushing

"Ash-h-h what are you doing?"

All she got in reply was sobbing into her chest. Serena acting on impulse started to rub his back trying to calm him down enough to speak.

"I'm sorry I'm being like this I just couldn't hold it in anymore." Ash said trying to stop crying

"Its fine let it all out." Serena said very concerned as she had never seen Ash like this.

After a few minutes Ash was done crying and stood up.

"Thanks Serena I'm not sure what I would do without you."

"Too bad I'm leaving soon." Ash thought

"Are you feeling better Ash?"

"Yes thank you for bearing with me through that." Ash said with a small laugh and a smile

Later That Night

Ash was getting ready to leave, but decided to not leave everyone in the dark on his plan.

He wrote a note and put it on the desk next to Serena's bed and quietly left the room.

The Next Morning

Serena woke up and looked over to the bed Ash was supposed to be sleeping in. Serena's eyes then shot right open as she realized he wasn't there.

Serena immediately looked around and found the note Ash had left her the night prior. She opened the note and it said.

'Whoever is reading this know that I'm already gone and won't be coming back for a while. I need to train so I can face everyone I care about again. Serena if your reading this don't try to look for me. If you do try to find me I'll give you a hint. I'm at the point where space and time meet and worlds collide. I'm sorry I had to leave, but I need to do this for myself goodbye for now.'

                                                   -Ash

As she finished reading the note she immediately started crying, while wondering what made him leave without saying goodbye.

That was the last time anyone heard from him for 3 years.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That's it for the prologue. I hope you liked it. Feedback is appreciated.