Chapter One - The New Guard

When you can't find any prince and guard Johnlock AU's on Wattpad so you have to write it yourself.

-John-

When waking up this particular day I'm not greeted by the sight of my guard. Well, he must be a guard since he is wearing the uniform that all the guards wear, but he is not my guard.

"Where is Mattias?" Is the first words I speak to the stranger in uniform.

"Good morning prince. I'm assuming you are talking about your old guard. He has been moved too another part of the castle to protect your youngest brother, Farrah."

"And who a-"

"I am your new guard. My name is Sherlock." He says and stay quiet. I lay back down on my bed, I can just as well sleep away the morning. I slowly fall back asleep. About an hour later I am woken up by my guard, Sherlock, calling my name.

"What?" I mumble with my face down my pillow.

"Prince, don't you have a French class in 30 minutes?" The new guard tells me.

Fuck. I completely forgot about that. Damn my mother, did she have to insist on me learning French? How will that help me, I'm British and it's not like I can just move to France since I am the oldest prince. A new thought pops into my head and I groan.

I heard my mother mention Princess Claudette a couple of weeks before and I know she is my age. Why must I marry so soon? I have met Princess Claudette a couple of times before. I don't dislike her, she seems very nice. But I really can't imagine a future with her.

"Prince, are you still awake?" I hear my guard ask me and I remember I have somewhere to be. I roll out of bed and quickly changes into my clothes. While slowly walking through the corridors my guard follows closely behind. I can feel him looking at me. It makes me feel a little self conscious even though I am used to having a guard with me everywhere.

Learning French was just as boring as it was the last time and I didn't pay much attention, I was drawing flowers in my notebook instead. Not that I can draw but it was funnier than listening to the long text in French my teacher was reading to me.

I finish another ugly doodle that is supposed to be a flower and move to another page since this one is filled with doodles. Sherlock is standing by the door, staring at nothing. John takes this opportunity to study him a little. He is a lot younger than the guards usually are, he looks to be my age. Mattias was 36 years old, that's a more normal age for a guard. Sherlock was tall too. And quite attractive. I guess. I snap out of my thoughts, Gabrielle, my teacher, is asking me something.

"Sorry, what?" I feel a little bad for my teacher though. Gabrielle is a good teacher but I have no interest in learning French. She sighs and repeats her question. I give her an answer, which turned out to be the wrong one, and she gives me some homework. It has to be done until next Saturday. Hopefully I won't forget about it as I always do.

After French class I get back to my room, I don't have anywhere else to be today and my room is the easiest place to avoid socialism. There isn't really anyone I would want to be social with anyways. Sure I spend time with my siblings but they are younger than me and they are my siblings so... and everyone else here are grown ups. There is no one here in my age. Except maybe Sherlock. I pick up some of my old Donald Duck papers and starts reading them for the billionth time.

I find myself glancing at Sherlock a couple of times. It must be quite boring and, not to speak of, tiering to stand stealthily all day.

You can sit down you know, it must be boring to stand all day." I say without looking up from my paper. I can hear sone footsteps and then feel him sitting down on the opposite side of the couch. I look up at him for a second. I put down the paper on my lap and smile a little.

"Relax mate." He looks kind of tense.

"So how old are you then?" I question, trying not to sound as curious as I actually am. I can't help but wanting to know more about him. After all we will have to spend much time together now since he is to guard me every hour of the day.

"I am 18, just as old as you."

"Aren't you a little young to be a guard?" He shrugs.

"I have all the required skills and I am extremely clever." He says.

"Really, what is it that makes you so clever then?" I ask and he, for the first time, glances over at me.

"I'm just curious." I grin.

"I am seen as clever because of my 'deduction skills'. For example I know that you hate to eat breakfast even though you are hungry in the morning, you are bored a lot because no one here is your age. You fear that you will have to marry someone soon, someone French, and that is why you hate your French class so much."

"Wow. That's incredible." I say and he scoffs.

"What?"

"That's not what they usually say."

"What do they say?"

"Piss off." He says and I stare at him for a moment before we both break into a fit of giggles. Sherlock seems like an okay bloke. I like him. He seems like a little more relaxed now and we fall into small talk. He is surprisingly easy to talk to. Maybe the castle won't be as lonely with him around.

Written: 11th February 2017
Published: 12th February 2017
Words: 1033

So if you read this just tell me to update the next part. The whole story is already finished. (Seven chapters in only two days😏😏)