Chapter Four - Princess Claudette

-John-

The thought intrigue me. What if I wouldn't marry a woman. Is that why I feel so pressured and uncomfortable with having to find a wife? That does seem like something that would suit me better. But it's not like I meet many men in my age. Well of course I could actually leave the castle. But it's not likely that I will have the time or energy to do that.

Well I actually have a lot of time on my hands so the only thing stopping me is my laziness. But I don't really feel the need to marry. I am after all just 18 and I'm pretty sure I will not have to take over ruling the country very soon as my father and mother are healthy and there is no diseases going around right now.

But if I now would find a man to marry how will I present that thought to my parents. I think my mother are pretty okay with people being gay and I don't know about my father. I don't think anyone has much against it though. If I find a man to marry then I'll just present him to my parents as I would with a girl. I sigh.

This is something quite tiring to think about. I get up from the sofa, I think taking a walk in the castles garden would be nice. I can hear Sherlock getting up from his bed and following me. I pass a lot of people in the corridor. I don't succeed in deduce anything about them. I admire Sherlock's skills.

Outside the sun is shining over the garden and making the water in the pond shimmer. And beyond the castles walls is a dark green forest. It' beautiful. It's a really nice place to build a castle, I would have probably built something here too.

-The Next Day-

I stand with the rest of my family to greet Princess Claudette when she gets here. Sadly I have to stand here and look perfect until she gets here. So I can't talk to Sherlock until she gets here. He stands a bit back with the rest of my families personal guards. I wish I could just spend the next days with Sherlock doing silly things and being irresponsible instead of have to spend them with Claudette.

Finally the doors are opened and Claudette enters the castle. She smiles and greets everyone in my family, bowing to my parents and giving my siblings a little bag of candy each. When she reaches me she smiles and we both bow to each other. Claudette is warmly welcomed to the castle and I get the role to show her to her chambers while my parents take care of 'important business'. Which basically means that they are leaving us alone to socialise and get to know each other.

We walk in silence to the room she has been given to stay in and Sherlock follows a bit behind. I literally has no idea what to say. I'm not really used to talking to people in my age. Even less when it comes to talking to women.

At her rooms she invites me to accompany her for a game of chess. It seems like fun, I play chess with my father when he has time. Sherlock stays at the other side of the room. Claudette sets up the board and I place out the black pieces on their squares. During the time we play Claudette, or Claude​ as she wants to be called, asks me a couple of questions and I answer as truthfully as I can. After a while we get onto the subject of the meaning if her visit.

"My parents obviously hopes I will leave here engaged." Claude says and to my delight she doesn't seem happy at all with the thought of marrying me.

"My parents have the same hopes." I say with a small sigh.

"I should probably tell my parents I am not interested in marrying you. No offence. You're just not my type." She blushes slightly.

"Then what's your type?" I ask and Claude seems to think before answering. Maybe she decides whether to trust me or not. Apparently she does because she speaks.

"Well... women."

"Oh."

"So what is your reason not to wanting to marry me?" Claude asks.

"Is it that obvious that I don't want you as a wife?"

"Yes." She smiles. I sigh.

"Well I suppose I have the same problem as you. I don't think women attract me much and the thought of marrying one doesn't appeal to me." She nods in understanding. I didn't understand how much the possibility of marrying Claude​ weighed me down before the weight where removed from my shoulders.

"So how will you solve the problem of marrying someone?" I move the queen five steps forward, taking out one of her chess pieces.

"I do have someone back at home. I just have to tell my mother and father about her. What about you?" She asks moving her queen to safety. I shrug.

"I don't know yet."

After finishing the game and actually becoming somewhat friends I tell her good evening and retires back to my chambers with Sherlock following me closely. It's about 10 in the evening but the sun Is still up because of how late it settles in the summer. Well there in my chambers I crawl up on my bed and drags Sherlock with me. We talk for the rest of the day while watching the sun go down behind the forest through my window. Eventually it becomes late at night and we just sit in silence, enjoying each others company, maybe telling a joke or something now and then.

Written: 11th February 2017
Published: 16th February 2017
Words: 1000

I've been so productive today. 4 chapters in one day.

Anyone here who wants to join my club? It' called 'what in the fucking hell is my sexuality'. 😄👌😬