Chapter Six - Having Second Thoughts.

-John-

"Prince?"

"Sssshh I'm sleeping." I groan and he scoffs.

"Wakey wakey Prince, you have a math class soon." He sing songs and pokes me in the side.

"You know I have a name, right? Call me by it."

"Yes Prince John." Sherlock says and I can see on his small smiles​ that he is taunting me.

"Fine. And good morning to you too Sherl." I reply and he pouts.

"Don't."

"If you call me by my name I will call you by yours." I hold my hand.

"Fine. But I will call you Prince when we are in public." We shake hands and the deal is set. I'll take what I can get. I try to find my clothes and stumble over them. Apparently I threw them in a beautiful pile on the floor last night.

Learning math was just as horrible as always and I struggled with math today too. After a while of not getting anywhere despite having the help of my teacher I heard a deep sigh and Sherlock appeared by my side. He quickly explained what I was supposed to do in an easier way than my teacher had.

"Do you know everything?" I question, half sarcastic.

"Yes. Well almost." He is not being sarcastic.

"Good then you can help me with all my homework." I smirk and he shrugs.

"If the Prince needs my help." He says and then goes back to his guard position by the door. I don't like the way my teacher is looking between me and Sherlock. I stare at him until he notices and goes back to teaching.

After Math I have English and after English I have lunch with my family. Eating with my family can be quite nice. If they are not questioning you why you are not trying your best to find a wife. At least it's a little comforting that Sherlock is sitting on my left side.

"But mother, I don't want a wife." I say with my eyes glued on the spoon I'm holding in my right hand.

"But you will have to marry. You are the Prince of Britain darling." My mother exclaims. I think she is a little worried that I will end up lonely. And she wants me to marry someone rich so it's a benefit to our country. Which makes me even less interested in marrying. First of all I want to marry a man and second if all I want to marry because of love, not because I have to. I'm thankful that I'm not promised to be married to someone since I was a child. Many children of Kings and Queens are engaged to someone since they are very young.

I finish my meal and try to go but father tells me to stay until I'm told to leave. I reluctantly sit back down. Sherlock's right hand finds my left one and he holds it. It gives me some strength to know he's here and he understands. Though I feel a little strange.

"I just don' want to marry a woman." I say and I can see my mother understanding something. She whispers something to the King who tells me that, fine, you can leave. I'm quick to get out of there.

I seek cover in the room that only Sherlock and I knows about and throws myself on the bed, groaning into the mattress. It would be much easier if I could take care of my life instead of my mother and father taking care of it. Sherlock enters the room in a moment.

"Don't try to run from me, John. I always know where you are going."

"I wasn't running from you I was running from my life." I mumble with my face still pressed into the bed.

"And we both know that won't work."

"I can pretend it does." I reply and I can almost feel him rolling his eyes before sitting down next to me. I roll over on my back and makes the mistake of looking into his eyes. They're truly beautiful. I can't even count all the different colours. I look away. Sherlock lies down next to me.

"I'll leave you to your crisis. Wake me up if you need help."

After a while I think he is asleep. I don't understand how he can just take a nap anywhere so easily. I sit up and let my eyes wander over his body. He is really good looking. My gaze lingers on his lips and my face feels hot. This is something new. It's calming to look at his chest rising and falling with every breath. His hair looks soft. I become painfully aware of my thoughts and the actual meaning behind them. I bury my face in my hands. What am I doing.

Not good. Very not good. Out of so many men. I crush on him. My personal guard. My friend. Just my luck. I peek at Sherlock through my fingers. Maybe it's not such a big surprise. I always thought he was very handsome. Maybe this is why my mother gave us that weird look. Did she realise before I did? Well that's just embarrassing. I carefully lay back down, inching as close as I can. To the other man. This...will only give me problems.

-Sherlock-

The Prince is very close. It's distracting. I can't go into my mind palace because I am to aware of John's arm touching mine. Oh, caring is a living hell. When we are touching I can't even think straight. I wonder what would happen if I kissed him. Would he be angry? Confused? Would he kiss back? It wouldn't be hard to kiss him now. The Prince's face is only five inches away.

"You're staring." He says without opening his eyes. But he is smiling.

"..." I don't know what to say and it might be the first time that happens to me. What should I say? 'Sorry. Your face was in the way'? Something tells me that wouldn't be a suiting answer. My silence makes he open his eyes anyways.

"You're still staring."

"So? You are staring back."

"Because you are staring at me." He laughs. Then we just stare at each other for a couple of seconds. I try my best but I can't stop my eyes from wandering down to his lips. This is not appropriate behaviour of a guard.

-John-

My heart is beating slightly faster than usual and I'm not saying it's because of the way Sherlock is staring at me but it's because of the way Sherlock is staring at me. His eyes flickers down to my lips and then up to my eyes again. I think he noticed that I noticed and he blushes. I lean in until our lips touches. But when my brain catches up and I realise what I'm doing I break the kiss.

"I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself." I say, blushing furiously. Sherlock smirks.

"Then is it okay if I can't help myself either?" He doesn't wait for a response and kisses me. During this kiss I have time to feel how soft his lips are and how they seem to be perfect against mine. My fingers run through his hair and a low sound escapes Sherlock's throat. We kiss until we have to separate to breath.

Sherlock wraps his arms around me and traces small nothings on my back while I kiss his neck. He lets out a small moan and it's the most beautiful sound I've ever heard. Sadly I remember that I have my Cursive Writing class in not so long.

Written: 12th February 2017
Published: 16th February 2017
Words: 1283