sweater weather

The first time Regina saw Emma wearing something of hers, it was just at the beginning of their relationship. It was a while before the marriage, just when they were finally starting to get serious. It had been a blue silk shirt- And Regina didn't complain because of the way it clung to Emma's upper body. It was even kind of cute and almost embarrassingly domestic.

The second time it happened was their first vacation together outside of Storybrooke. It wasn't far, really, just a hotel room in Boston, but it was far enough to break away from the crises and magic. It was a well-needed break.

It had been Regina's white, slightly oversized sweater that she liked to wear when she was relaxed or reading. Regina had curled up on the hotel bed with a book about an old Russian folktale, with her glasses, her sweater with sleeves that ran past her hands and gave her paws, and a pair of Emma's comfortable purple plaid pajama pants. After that day, Regina had never seen the sweater again except for the few (many) times it made an appearance on her girlfriend's body.

The first time anyone noticed was when Regina realized she liked wearing Emma's flannels. At first, it was only a thing she did inside the house because she felt that she wasn't much of a flannel person, but they were soft and smelled like Emma and pretty soon she was wearing them everywhere... And people were noticing.

Leroy had made a disgusted face and stomped out of Granny's, Granny had smirked and gave her a knowing look- Mary Margaret had blushed and stuttered and didn't look her in the eye for the rest of the day. David wouldn't stop coughing and looking away, Ruby made weird, implying eye signals, and Henry just laughed.

But it was totally worth it.

.  .  .