Slytherin and Weasels

"Draco," Harry asked, waiting for the youngest Malfoy to turn to him, "what's Slytherin?"

Draco gaped, before gaining his composure. "It's only the best house at Hogwarts," Draco answered.

"House?"

Draco stared, "I forgot you were raised by muggles," he said with a sneer, before returning his face back to a look of contentment. "Anyway, there are four houses, Ravenclaw, for the book smarts people, Hufflepuff, which is full of sniffling people, I've heard they're quite annoying, Gryffindor, which is the worst house you can possibly be in, and Slytherin. My father was in Slytherin, mother too. Almost everyone my parents know came from Slytherin, all my relatives did," Draco said.

"What's so wrong with Gryffindor?"

"What's wrong with them? Everything! Father said they're all very obnoxious, along with other things," said Draco.

"Oh," said Harry. "I hope I'm in Slytherin too, then."

"Good choice," Draco said.

Draco licked his lips as the trolley cart pulled up outside of their compartment. "Do you want anything?" He asked Harry.

"It's fine, I can buy my own," Harry said, pulling his money out of his pocket.

"Okay," said Draco, turning back to the cart.

Harry and Draco both exchanged some of their money for treats. Harry got a few chocolate frogs and other sweets, which Draco had yet to tell him the name of, and Draco had about the same things. They sat down and began eating, Harry opening a chocolate frog.

"I got Dumbledore!" Harry exclaimed.

"So? Almost everyone has him. He's an old fool anyway. That's what my father says," Draco said, between bites of chocolate himself.

"Oh," Harry said, tucking the card in his pocket, beginning to eat the frog.

A few minutes later a red head in scruffy clothes came by their compartment, followed by a girl with strangely poofy hair, disturbing their peace.

"Hello," the girl said, "we're looking for Neville's toad, have you see it?"

Harry looked at Draco, waiting for his reply, only to see him looking strangely at the red headed boy.

"And who exactly are you?" He asked, his tone laced with annoyance. Harry had a feeling that Draco knew who the red head was.

"I'm Hermione Granger," the girl said, and the boy rolled his eyes. "That's Ronald-" "Ron," the boy interrupted, and now the girl rolled her eyes. "Ron Weasley," she restated. "You are?"

Harry was about to answer, when Draco began talking. "Of course, a mudblood and a weasel. A fitting match," he said. "I'm Draco Malfoy, and that's Harry Potter. We don't want you here."

Harry wondered why Draco was being so rude, but figured he must have a good reason, after all, he was helpful and nice when it came to himself.

"Blimey! Harry Potter?" The red head, Ron, exclaimed. His eyes widened and his mouth hung open, the girl, Hermione's, was quite alike. "What're you doing hanging out with bloody Malfoy?" Ron asked, spitting Draco's name out with disgust. "Don't you know his father's a dirty Death Eater!"

"Don't talk about my father that way!" Draco exclaimed, moving to stand, but Harry beat him to it.

"Don't say those things about Mr. Malfoy, or Draco! I'll have you know, Weasel, that they're certainly better than you!" Harry said, coming to the Malfoys' defense. They seemed nice to Harry!

Ron spluttered and Hermione dragged him out, glaring at Harry.

"Draco," Harry said, sitting back down, "who was that?"