Part 3

y/n pov

I woke up from a nightmare about my family and how I could've saved them, its 7am and I see that my team is already up.

Logan: Come on y/n we need to get ready for class.

y/n: I know.

I got up and get my school uniform, which looks the same other guys school uniform except mine haves my clans symbol on its back.

y/n: Come on guys let's get some breakfast.

John: Yeah, I'm hungry!

We left our dorm and went to the cafeteria. I looked around the cafeteria to see if I can find Ruby, but she wasn't here.

f/n: Looking for your girlfriend y/n?

y/n: She is not my girlfriend.

Time skip (in class)

Port: Monsters! Demons... Prowler's of the night. Yes, the creatures of Grimm have many names. But I merely refer to them as prey. Hu-hah! Haha.

Class: ...

Port: Uhh, and you shall too, upon graduating this prestigious academy. Now as I was saying, Vale, as well as the other three kingdoms, are safe havens in an otherwise treacherous world. Our planet is absolutely teeming with creatures that would love nothing more than tear you to pieces. And that's where we come in. Huntsmen! Huntress... Individuals who have sworn to protect those who cannot protect themselves. From what you ask? Why... The very world!

Student: Eyyy-yeah!

Port: That is what you are training to become. But first, a story. A tale of a young, handsome man. Me.

y/n: (in head) how is he even a teacher if he is only going to talk about himself when he was younger?

I looked at my friends and they looked bored. f/n is even asleep.

Port: In the end the Beowulf was no match for my sheer tenacity. And I returned to my village with the beast in captivity and my head held high. Celebrated as a hero. Moral of the story? A true huntsman must be honorable. A true huntsman must be dependable. A true huntsman must be strategic... Well educated... And wise! So, who among you believes themselves to be the embodiment of these traits?

Weiss raised her hand instantly.

Weiss: I do sir!

Port: Well then, let's find out. Step forward and meet your opponent.

Weiss stood a few feet in front of the cage, with her weapon in hand.

Port: Let the match... begin!

He opened the cage and the boarbatusk ran out as it charged toured her.

Port: Haha, wasn't expecting that were you?

Ruby: Hang in there Weiss!

Weiss dashed toured it which made her weapon stuck between the boarbatusk's tusks.

Port: Bold, new approach. I like it!

Ruby: Come on Weiss, show it whose boss!

Weiss got distracted by Ruby, making her lose her grip on her rapier, and the boarbatusk knocked her back.

Port: Now what will you do without your weapon?

Weiss looks up and to see it run toured her. She dogged it and grabbed her weapon.

Ruby: Weiss, go for its belly! There's no armor underneath-

Weiss: Stop telling what to do!

The boarbatusk started to charge at her again. Weiss used one of her glyphs to stop the boarbatusk. It flipped over, Weiss jumped into the air landing on anther glyph, and launched toward the boarbatusk, killing it.

Port: Bravo, bravo! It appears we are in the presence of a true huntress in training. I'm afraid that's all the time we have for today. Be sure to cover the assigned readings and, stay vigilant. Class dismissed.

I saw Weiss her glare at Ruby, and then left without saying another word.

Jaune: Sheesh, what's with her?

I saw Ruby chaise after Weiss, so I slowly followed behind her.

Ruby: Weiss!

Weiss: What!?

Ruby: What's wrong with you? Why are you being-

Weiss: What's wrong with me? What's wrong with you? You're supposed to be a leader and all you've been is a nuisance.

Ruby: What did I do?

Weiss: That's just it; you've done nothing to earn your position. Back in the emerald forest you acted like a child and you've only continued to do so.

Ruby: Weiss where is this coming from? What happened to all the talk about, working together? I thought you believed in acting as a team.

Weiss: Not a team led by you. I've studied, and trained, and quite frankly, I deserve better. Ozpin made a mistake.

She stormed out of the hallway, and I walked up to Ruby.

y/n: Hey Ruby, are you okay? That conversation with Weiss didn't seem to go very well.

Ruby: Do you think that Ozpin made a mistake y/n?

I was about to say something until I was interrupted by Ozpin.

Ozpin: That remains to be seen.

Ruby: What do you mean?

Ozpin: I mean it's only been one day. Ruby I've made more mistakes than any man, woman, and child on this plant. But at this moment I would not consider your appointment to be leader as one of them. Do you? Being a leader isn't just a title you carry into battle, but a badge you wear constantly. If you are not always preforming at your absolute best, then what reasons do you give others to follow you? You've been burdened with a daunting with responsibly, Ruby. I advise you take some time, to think about how you will uphold it.

Time Skip Ruby's pov

I felt a nudge on my shoulder, and woke to the sight of Weiss standing next to me.

Ruby: Weiss! I-I was studying and then I fell asleep I'm sorry-

Weiss: How do you take your coffee?

Ruby: Uh, I-I don't-

Weiss: Answer the question.

Ruby: Uhh! Cream and five sugars!

Weiss: *sigh* don't move.

Weiss: Here.

Ruby: Um, thanks Weiss.

Weiss: Ruby, I think you have what it takes to be a good leader. Just know, that I am going to be the best teammate you'll ever have. Good luck studying. That's wrong by the way.

I sighed as she hoped down.

Weiss: Hey Ruby?

Ruby: Uh-huh?

Weiss: I always wanted bunk beds when I was a kid.

After she left I continue studying and later fall asleep.

A/N: Sorry if this part is shorter than the others but I'll try to make the next part longer.